Convert to an adjustable front?

temmert

Looking at a coyote chassis that is not fully adjustable in the front. Can it be converted? Or should I just look elsewhere?
Thanks

Agree.
I've got the parts in stock to convert the front end, but if you've got to pay someone to do the job on a surface plate or jig table, be willing to pay around $600 for the complete job (parts & labor.) Now, there are cheaper kits available if you don't want the current L block design etc, but you're still spending money on something that likely will not compete with a more current design chassis.
BTW, I have the original Coyote adjustable caster weld-on and aluminum disc adjusters if you are real serious about keeping it fairly original. we used these on our Vector DO chassis for years.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I've got a late 90's Wide Track that I'd be interested in converting. It has the caster adjustments, but no real way of adjusting camber. You say that you have the parts required. Can you give me price and specifics? I have the machining capability to do the work myself. I was considering designing my own front end to update it, but this sounds interesting.

Arik

Thats just changing the castor plates with the camber adjustable pills. Small adjustments can be made by shimming the bottom out with some feeler gauge blades for more camber, and on the top for less camber.

Sales Pitch!

If you are just looking to go race I got 2010 roller I will sell ya for $750 with a large seat and tires. Just a FWIW in case you don't feel like spending all that money to convert something!

If it already has the castor adjustment then a machinist could easily elongate the king pin hole and put camber pill pins in place. Then all you would need would be longer king pins and the camber pills.

Back