Converting Euro kart to 5/8 hubs?

Hobby87

I have a Euro sprint kart that we are going to use for a few dirt races (due to class/track rules) and was wondering how well a standard 5/8 hub will fit on the 17mm spindles? Or should I put 17mm bearings in my 5/8 hubs? which is a better fit?

I realize could just use the 17mm hubs with adapters from Comet that allows my 6" wheels, but I like the adjustment I get in the front end by switching to the narrower 5/8 hubs.

Thanks

A 17mm bearing has an OD of 1.378" versus the 1.375" OD that a 5/8" bearing.......try to find some old 5/8 hubs with loose bearings and just press the 17mm in.

I think Laukaitis Racing has brand new American Pattern hubs with 17mm bearing for less than $20 each

A 17mm bearing has an OD of 1.378" versus the 1.375" OD that a 5/8" bearing.......try to find some old 5/8 hubs with loose bearings and just press the 17mm in.

I think Laukaitis Racing has brand new American Pattern hubs with 17mm bearing for less than $20 each

Yep, I wouldn't waste any time trying anything else. That is where I got mine. $17, if I remember correctly. Ordered them on Monday, had them shipped to me by Wednesday.

Back