Corona hair cuts

In this time of social distancing and barbershops/salons being closed, what are you gonna do about hair cuts? Do it your self, have spouse, girl friend etc who never cut hair try it or just go feral and wait til it is all over and go back to your usual place?

Already looking feral. May quit shaving as well.

I have lots of hair, so difficult to even wear a hat. May have to let better half have a wack at it.

Looks like we're going to be really shaggy if this doesn't end soon - we're about 4 days growth from "normal" shaggy when we usually get it cut. :)

Not a problem for me havent shaved in 10 years .
Dont typically get a haircut but every 4 months or so .
You know the differnce between a good hair cut and a bad haircut ?
Bout 2 weeks .

I clip the beard and/or shave before going to the grocery store to get a good seal on my respirator.

If I had a beard when shopping i'd be afraid to bring virus home in it and contaminate the house.
It being air born ya'll better take a shower and wash your beard and hair to when you come home.
In addition I can now hang my parka/hoodie in the UV room(bathroom) to disinfect it.
Going to start doing the same with delivered packages and the content from China.
Dumb???? maybe not????

I'm waiting now on 5 more UV bulbs from Hong Kong.

No place else to get them. ... :(

Thats a good point Paul .
At that time we were being fit tested for n95 masks .
The reality is , leaks .
Beard , mustache, side burns all allow air in .
Even the fit around the nose or eyglasses .
Any protection is better then none .
Air borne vs droplet changes thing up .

Ha I did trim the beard up yesterday .
Looks like i need the two week wait , for equilization /beauty points 😊

I ain’t gonna lie I get my hair cut and shave up every week/2 weeks I just like to keep myself looking good... lately Ive gone straight hot mess due to this.. my wife is dying over this mullet I got going.. she keeps threatening to take my clippers to it.. I just may have to break down and let her it’s getting pretty wild

I generally cut my own hair with clippers. Haven't gone to the barber since my last flat top hair cut many years ago. I don't even attempt a flat top on my own (I'd run out of talent.)
I've let the hair (and beard) grow out for the most part, and for the first time in 30+ years, my hair is starting to lay over and can be parted (well, sort of.) No comment on the '80s mullet starting to form. :)
After all those years of flat tops and buzz cuts, my head grows hair like a Chia pet! Straight out in every direction. :)

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Back