Corona Virus

My question is if it's critical to identify the few with the virus now, how's it going to end until all have been either exposed or have been in a place of quarantine during the spread?

My health currently is about as good as it's going to get. Maybe I should go and get exposed and get it over with one way or another? At least I can get it taken care of before our medical ability to help is completely over loaded. and.... ?????

Or are we waiting to get to a point where enough have been exposed the amount of paths of continuing spread is reduced and new paths found by the virus are mostly dead ends because of previous exposure?

If the above is the case ya'all get out there and party! I'm staying home. ... :)

Last edited:
On the news yesterday people were lined up to buy guns at Fin and Feather.

Should make anyone wanting to rob to think twice. More people home and more people armed. ... :)

Butt then again anyone out to rob a home proly ain't bright nuff to think twice anyway. ... :)

My question is if it's critical to identify the few with the virus now, how's it going to end until all have been either exposed or have been in a place of quarantine during the spread?

My health currently is about as good as it's going to get. Maybe I should go and get exposed and get it over with one way or another? At least I can get it taken care of before our medical ability to help is completely over loaded. and.... ?????

Or are we waiting to get to a point where enough have been exposed the amount of paths of continuing spread is reduced and new paths found by the virus are mostly dead ends because of previous exposure?

If the above is the case ya'all get out there and party! I'm staying home. ... :)
They are working on a vaccine. They are hoping to lower the peak numbers and spread them out as to not overload the health system thats what the social distancing is for. If i was purposely going to expose myself i would wait until its above 80 consistently. But i don't think purposely exposing yourself is a smart thing to do.

FYI the cookie isle and frozen dessert isle is still full .
Along with Beer if you drink it .
Armed security in the paper towl /toilet paper distributing aisle 2 packages per person .

I guess my thinking is the sun provides vitamins to your body to hopefully help you recover if exposed. They have also stated at 77 degrees the virus dies, i believe that is on surfaces though.

Does it die because it goes under or over 77 degrees?

Under and I can turn the heat off in the house. ... :)

Over and I can crank the AC way down. ... :)

I'm already stocked up on warm clothes.

--------------------------

By the way when I was in the hospital with pneumonia I was told not to worry about sanitizing my house before I came home because the pneumonia while I was gone would have all died out.

Even now thinking about what I was told and using a nebulizer which is basically different types of steroids breathed in to get rid of lung and bronchial inflammation, I have multiple apparatus I use so I can let them rest to give dry time for germs to die off.

If you've seen those expensive ozone cleaners for those who need air help at night, i've ordered a $35 ozone generator. When it comes i'm going to put ozone into a covered plastic bin to sanitize my equipment and respirators between use.

All you can do is what you can do. Being able to do and not doing it in this case can become a problem.

Last edited:
Over 77 degrees i left out a word

Cool, so to clean it out of the house occasionally all you have to do is crank the heat up to 85 or maybe more and go for a ride in the car to get some fresh air. right? ??????????????

But then again Australia is just now ending it's summer and the how weather they have didn't seem to curb it???????????????

... or did it and nobody's explaining it to us???????????

Here's a scary story about the virus. I don't know if it's true or not and have not snoped it or anyplace else:

edit: Google search indicates the story may be true. that's bad

Wuhan to Anyang

The paper outlines the experiences of five individuals with respiratory symptoms and fevers who were admitted to the Fifth People’s Hospital of Anyang, in China, and one family member with no symptoms.

The asymptomatic individual is a 20-year-old woman who lives in Wuhan. She traveled to see family in Anyang, more than 400 miles (645 kilometers) away.

After a few days, five of her relatives developed symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection, and she was isolated and placed under observation.

The woman from Wuhan experienced no respiratory or gastrointestinal symptoms and no fever, cough, or sore throat. A CT scan showed no abnormalities.

Following further tests, doctors found that her C-reactive protein levels were normal, meaning that there was no inflammation. The woman’s lymphocyte counts were also normal, indicating that there was no immune response.

However, real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction tests confirmed that she had been infected with SARS-CoV-2.

All five of her family members — four women and one man — developed COVID-19. None had visited Wuhan or had contact with anyone else who had visited Wuhan.

Thank you Bob for allowing us to put our thoughts, fears and questions on here about the pandemic.

Frankly it scars the heck out of me and all my writing is to gain knowledge about it and what to do to prevent it from killing both myself and my wife. We both have issues which put us at risk.

paul

Those of us who are north of 60 are very concerned(at least I sure am) --however it galls me to see the apparent lack of concern shown by some "kids". I saw drone footage of a beach apparently in Florida that was packed with spring breakers. Possibly we thought we were bullet proof at that age too, but this is sure different.

Talk of Walgreens, Walmart, etc offering drive-thru testing services at facilities with drive thru pharmacies. Sounds promising anyhow.
Yep, its starting here already...they're saying is if you are feeling sick with the symptoms please go by one of these places to get a check before you go see your doctor and if you got it...stay home

So what I saw earlier last week was the start of it

please, don't expose yourself here on Bob's, we could all get sick

Here's the good real site for info. I done looking anywhere else and getting snowed under with stuff which not be correct.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Paul if you're into interactive maps and real time updates, the site below is best that I found.
They also have an ap available for smart phones (whatever those are.)
Click on the US tab and it gives you state by state results as well, then click on your state to get your state results (both cumulative and active tabs.).

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Those of us who are north of 60 are very concerned(at least I sure am) --however it galls me to see the apparent lack of concern shown by some "kids". I saw drone footage of a beach apparently in Florida that was packed with spring breakers. Possibly we thought we were bullet proof at that age too, but this is sure different.
As 21yr old college student, there is nothing I want more than to be chilling on a beach hanging with my buddies. Heres my sad story, I work a full time job ;).

Anyhow, Im not afraid of the virus at all. I truly believe I may have already had it. What I am afraid of is the reaction society has had to it. People have lost their minds over a sickness that, while deadly, isn't really going crazy. I think the hype is worse than the disease, and the reaction of people freaking out is causing more problems than just living our daily lives unaware to the virus. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think more damage has been done by the public freak out than anything else.

I dont see it as freaking out, and social distancing doesn't bother me, but I'm not a business owner, so the effects are different for me as they are for affected employees of businesses. Now some of the suggested actions to combat climate change, I would see as freaking out. Its all relevant as to what is important to individuals.

I can sit here and give compelling arguments on both sides. That tells me, no one has a clue as to what's really going on. I do however feel its very obvious that a lot more is going on than we know. Decisions to close places like Vegas, cancel sports, etc... is an immediate red flag for me. The amount of money that's being affected by these decisions are astronomical, not to mention peoples 401k accounts. I'm not here to say we're doomed by any means, we'll figure a way threw this, but the economical impact could spiral us in directions that will take a long, long time to overcome. I work in the auto industry and its just now catching up to us. We have meetings scheduled twice a day to update from suppliers and customers as to what tomorrows plan will be. 2008 might end up looking like a drop in the bucket as to what we are in store for.

Back