correct pushrods

JRW31526

Okay Im getting a isky 360 lift cam and was wondering with isky billet lifters would the shortened pushrods that he sells the 5.070 pushrods, would they work with champion rockers? Or would I need shorter ones,

Do you talk to Tim? He can answer your questions and then some...LOL
You need the shorter ones if going billet lifters.
I don't believe the champion lifters are a different geometry...

well the billet lifters are .180 longer, and the push rods are .180 shorter for the lifters and i was wondering if i would need shorter push rods for champion shaft rockers because on nr racings website it says to use shorter push rods for billet rockers and roller rockers,

Every build is different...
When you assemble everything, mark the top of your valve stem where,the rocker sits with a marker, roll your engine over by hand several times.
Check the valve stem and see pattern...in the middle is good, anything off centre needs adjusting.

Okay Im getting a isky 360 lift cam and was wondering with isky billet lifters would the shortened pushrods that he sells the 5.070 pushrods, would they work with champion rockers? Or would I need shorter ones,

The guy from Vegas Carts told me you need longer push rods for the Champion rockers but if you have longer lifters it would be a big ???

Billet lifters? Why? That's ridiculous!

You are falling into the accessory trap. This is exactly like the guys who buy carbon fiber hoods for their hatchbacks. You are getting absolutely no benefit from a billit lifter. Anyone who argues otherwise is either selling them or they are secretly ashamed that they already purchased them.

Billet lifters? Why? That's ridiculous!

You are falling into the accessory trap. This is exactly like the guys who buy carbon fiber hoods for their hatchbacks. You are getting absolutely no benefit from a billit lifter. Anyone who argues otherwise is either selling them or they are secretly ashamed that they already purchased them.

Ya...but you are forgetting that the carbon fiber hood adds 10-15% horsepower, and billit lifters are for bragging rights...

modifiedman, do you sell the rockers that look square ish or the curved ones, or both? im sure you have seen the ones on vegas karts, and that being said, you havent heard of people needing longer push rods for that pair of rockers? if so that makes me worry A LOT less lol

and i am just buying the lifters for the say of it, their only $25, anyway with my luck id go to give my motor all its got and a lifter would break if i didnt get billet ones,

and i am also getting iskys billet lifters because it makes me use shorter push rods, and i was told it reduces push rod flex at high rpm, and $25 is not bad insurance, even if i dont turn enough rpm to make the molly rods flex it still sounds good to someone who dont know what they are talking about

I have a set of billet, in a drawer in the shop. I have yet to have a problem with a stock lifter, but I will use the billets one day, I guess. LOL

Back