Cost per weekend

Alright im wanting to get back into racing after 12 years. Im just curious as to what its costing a weekend to go racing now a days.

Tires and competition type would be a consideration .
Same with cost local Saturday night vs series/money racing.

Tires and competition type would be a consideration .
Same with cost local Saturday night vs series/money racing.
Honestly i would like to race the goat series and all the big money races. Thats what we used to run and they were all on the ht3’s or pinks which is what we called them.

Honestly i would like to race the goat series and all the big money races. Thats what we used to run and they were all on the ht3’s or pinks which is what we called them.
If you don't show up to those big money races with 3 brand new sets of tires your just out playing. These people don't mess around. Go to a Saturday night show and just work your way back into it buddy. We spend $25 at the gate and gas money and have five times the fun racing for a hotdog and a handshake.

If you don't show up to those big money races with 3 brand new sets of tires your just out playing. These people don't mess around. Go to a Saturday night show and just work your way back into it buddy. We spend $25 at the gate and gas money and have five times the fun racing for a hotdog and a handshake.
Thanks bud. I remember we used to buy a case to get ready for the nationals and races like thanksgiving thunder. Also my plan was to run the weekly show at Swainboro but word is they have shut that track down and all the others close by

$65 tow fuel
$20 generator gas
$5 kart gas
$7 methanol
$15 per gate fee
$30 entry fee per kart
$11 per qt of oil
So that’s $153 and we not even gotten into the kart maintenance, tires and tire prep.
Dang that aint as bad as I thought it was. I know you get into the money when you start with prep and tires

The cost of consumables like fuel, oil, tires etc. and entry fees is miniscule compared to the capital expense to get good equipment and maintain it. It only cost me $100 to register two kids to race and fill him up with gas and oil on a Saturday.

It's the other stuff that costs so much... I bought my truck so I could tow the trailer. I miss my Prius with the price of gas today lol. We get a case of Maxxis HT3s at a time, that's around $1200. I buy prep buy the gallon to save a little but that's about ~$100 per gallon. I work with a reputable engine builder and prices are fair, but not cheap! Then there is replacing whatever gets torn up - yikes!

Nearly impossible to say what a weekend costs but if you show up with $250-300 cash in your pocket you should be able to make it through the day :)

Back