COTA Track?

Dryslick13

Anybody know if that beautiful new kart track at the Circuit of the Americas will have actual races? They are doing rentals on it now.

It's been there for a while, and is probably just meant to grab the millennial's $$ on rental karts...

Probably if you rent the whole kart track you can have races there but I wouldn't wait for the track itself to put that together. Expect prices to be sky high.

track rental is 50k a day i believe. Thats just to rent the track i believe. would make it really hard to hold an event.

Pretty sure that is an odd-ball off shoot of a rental kart race.
Every time I find a link for rules, the page is gone.
Have heard rumors about them actually having letting real karts on the track, but not seen anything remotely that is hard evidence.

A word about the main track, and it's $50k rental fee.
They also requires racers to sign an agreement to pay for repair costs if they run off course, and hit something like a barrier,
and to pay a very steep 'environmental' fee if they blow an engine, or trans, and drop oil on their precious track.
Add to that the fact that is getting bumpy as hell due to the Texas clay moving around under it.
Just look at last years F1 race where the cars were getting air born at the entry into turn one.
Don't think I would run a kart there...

Naskart Pro Racing is a real racing series. I can't find their rules either but I think they run methanol but have full surround bumpers on the karts to allow for more intramural contact. I think they are more or less souped up privately owned rental karts. There is you tube video of them doing their thing at tracks all over TX. Anyway they are the first private karts to race at the COTA track - maybe they will help open it up for other folks.

Back