Couple of questions

Jeff Sligh

Still have my old Clone Sit Up Sprint (the one with the billboard side panels) and I was wondering if the Clone motor is competitive with the LO206?
Have a dual rear brake setup, this still legal, or do I need to get some front brakes?
Anyone have any ideas on gearing for Charlotte?

Jeff, the Clones have their own class now, as does the LO206. They're no longer in the same class.
You only need a single brake for "Clone Sprint". So the brake set up you have now should be fine.
We run "CIK LO206 Sprint" and we're going to start at 21/58 or 59. Those that run a true sit up sprint might be able to help you more on gearing.
Either way, to run the event you'll need to join WKA. That will get you a current tech manual. Go over your class requirements so you can be sure you're ready to go in June.
Have a good day,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

I didn't check the tech manual last night but make sure because I saw that the clone sprint and the LO206 sprint were still running the dual caliper one rotor setup at daytona

Todd, have a quick look at the "current" 2019 tech manual. Para: 362.5 LO206 Sprint, and para:362.6 Clone Sprint; both on page 60.
Other: "Dual brakes not required". That's a change for 2019. If you have or prefer dual brakes, then by all means keep them. They just aren't required anymore.
Fun race at Daytona??!! You going to Charlotte I assume?
CIK LO206 Sprint, great class.
Have a good one,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

I run the clone 390 class, and I would suggest having a 26,27,28 driver for Charlotte. I haven’t run there before, but most tracks(except Daytona) one of these will probably be right. Depends on how many rpms you want to turn. My mgm has dual calipers...

thanks Clark for the heads up....like I said I havent looked at the rules for that class but knew what the past was...the Daytona event was good, but this year WKA had a few behind the scene problems that I think they will work out. never been to Charlotte on the big track so that is the plan :)

Back