Couple of ??

mwbmod74

The first question I have is this, Is it legal to run valve seals on both valves??? Reason I ask is I got a engine from "builder" and it has seals on both valves.

Second is, on the same engine the head gasket was put on with clear silicone?? Is this common on these engines?? Thanks in advance!!

I would wonder why you you would need to use clear silicone on the head gasket. Your not talking about the valve cover are you?

No sir, clear silicone on block surface and, surface of head, with head gasket sandwiched in between, had a bear of a time getting the two to separate...

No sir, clear silicone on block surface and, surface of head, with head gasket sandwiched in between, had a bear of a time getting the two to separate...

Silicone wont hurt a thing, unless its too much. And yes, you can run a valve seal on both valves, the rubber part has got to be in it if you do.

I use a very thin film of Red hi temp rtv on mboth sides of the head gasket on my opens
Evev tho both block & head decks are milled, and matched up. no oil or compression leaks yet.

Silicone does not do well for head gasket use;doesn't like the temps.;pressures,fuel messes with its properties,Maybe that's why on the tube it says:Don't use on Head Gaskets,use where Gasoline is present;Not for High Pressure use.In the Right place,used correctly its like heaven

Back