Couple questions

dmccraw84

1st I'm thinking of picking up a bully clutch. 2 disk for clone/Fh racing. Whst is the point of 4 spring and 6 springs?

2nd-i am racing a predator class with drum clutch rule. I got the stinger clutch and rpm max rule of 5400 on stand. The engage springs that came with it is 3200. They got springs that engage lower. What do you think is preferable?

Dylan,
4 spring or 6 spring is more of a personal preference.
The 4 spring is more adjustable (especially for higher rpm engagements) and can be made to come in more gradually (sprint guys like this.)
Most prefer the 6 spring for oval racing because you can make them "hit" engage hard. You can do the same with the 4 spring, but the 6 spring is by far the more popular.
If your clone has the cast crank in it, I would prefer the 4 spring. If it's got the better crank, then the 6 spring.
One will not make you win over the other...having either clutch properly set up is the key.

As far as the Stinger goes, they have springs that will work just fine with a Predator. Don't go by the chart they offer though for engagement, those are "chatter" engagement numbers (where the shoes just start to touch the drum.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back