CR125 motor mount for 09 Icon

Looking for a ready to go motor mount for a 2001 CR125 with transmission on an 09 Icon. I’m reading that the QRC and SKE mounts require custom butterflies to get the motor on there straight and snug with no possible play. The one I currently use has improper butterflies that don’t match up with extreme wear on some spots and threw 3 chains after the motor slid back 1-3 laps in each time. Happens when I exit corners and get on the gas on a 1/5 oval. Even with lock collars behind the rear butterfly and some homemade shimming, the motor pushed them back like paperweights. At this point I’m okay with getting and entirely new mounts with butterflies, I don’t want to deal with this again. Any suggestions on companies or fabricators welcome.

Last edited:
What you need is a "stop bolt" that goes from the rear bearing carrier to the motor mount....weld on a 3/8" nut "sideways" to the carrier, and run a bolt so that the head acts like a stop on the motor mount, and a 2nd nut tightens against the welded nut to prevent movement.

Better butterflies help too, but almost all higher power karts have those stop bolts...

See the bolt in this pic... it's on a nice welded flange, and I've seen bolt-on plates too, but a nut welded on the outer carrier would work too.
as206-engine-mount.jpg

See the bolt in this pic... it's on a nice welded flange, and I've seen bolt-on plates too, but a nut welded on the outer carrier would work too.
as206-engine-mount.jpg
This is ideal. I’ve had chassis before with the bolt coming off the cassette and it’s great. These moto engine mounts honestly could benefit from them more than any other engine. Haven’t seen a single US or Metric 125 moto mount that utilizes it.

To clarify... the current mount is a metric shifter mount that obviously isn’t completely true around the edges. The rail size is 1 1/4” with 3 1/2” spacing from the center of one rail to the other. What I need is 3 1/2” butterflies.

The shim and lock collar trick would not work on our KT 100 either .
machine shop could possibly correct it and make butterfly's .
custom fit stuff complicates things.

Back