Crank seals blowing

Did you run a vapor test on the PTO side? I know a lot of guys around here are experiencing something similar with the pin side of the balancer weights. If you are getting positive pressure at your sample valve, I would say you need to look into your carb. Otherwise, someone just probably installed the ring gear improperly. Sometimes it takes a while for this to cause a proble. Trust me, I have seen it myself!

Yea this sheds light on the problem.

Did you run a vapor test on the PTO side? I know a lot of guys around here are experiencing something similar with the pin side of the balancer weights. If you are getting positive pressure at your sample valve, I would say you need to look into your carb. Otherwise, someone just probably installed the ring gear improperly. Sometimes it takes a while for this to cause a proble. Trust me, I have seen it myself!

Are you seeing an oil leak or are you actually seeing the seal come out of the bore?

the seal isnt coming completly out just leaking oil. has happened more than once. i am leaning towards a pressure problem.

I 've seen the seal blow out of both sides, but not at the same time. Usally changing out the valve cover it self fixes the problem, but venting the block is always a good idea. JMO

You are most likely leaking oil from your head gasket and the fan is blowing it all over, it appears to be the seal but usually is the head gasket.

oil is for sure coming ou seal on flywheel side. value cover new and free inside. would using a bigger fiting on value cover help? remove rubber grommet and use bigger fiting and line going to catch can?

i have also been told venting the block isnt a good idea. but just what i have told. open to everything at this point.

Have you pulled the flywheel off yet to see if the seal has walked out, or if the seal is just bad and needs to be replaced.

Is it a Stock motor? If so venting the block isn't legal. I'd check the valve cover and the catch can to make sure there breathing.

Back