Crankcase pressure build-up

gearhead455

After installing a pulse pump on the vent line on the valve cover the crankcase builds up lots of pressure after about 5 minutes and stalls. As soon as I release the pressure by unscrewing the oil cap it starts back up. What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with the pulse pump not venting?

You do not connect to the vent line , you have to install an additional fitting and line, the crankcase has to be vented.

You do not connect to the vent line , you have to install an additional fitting and line, the crankcase has to be vented.
It’s connected to the valve cover port which I have seen done several times in tutorials. What I don’t understand is if the crankcase is completely vented, then how is there a pressure pulse?

It's not quite like that theres a Reed type check valve in the valve cover .
Positive and negative pressure .

You pulse from below the valve in the cover. Their is plenty of pressure to pump fuel. The videos you have seen are incorrect, one of the major problems with You Tube University is the quality of the teaching staff.

You pulse from below the valve in the cover. Their is plenty of pressure to pump fuel. The videos you have seen are incorrect, one of the major problems with You Tube University is the quality of the teaching staff.
As a retired educator, I love that comment!!!!

Don you were not in the racket as online learning started to get pushed down the tube. All of the smarter people felt a screen could replace a qualified instructor.

Back