Crash video

I run Shifter on that track. You might have a better argument with that class to challenge the safty of the track. Yes it would be safer if it didn't have walls but it's wide and fairly well controled. IMO near peferct for clone karts. For hassle free home town racing Tri City Kart Club at the Showtown Speedway is a winner!!!

Brian

The old winter series at Concord in Carolina was a very large Asphalt track with concrete walls. Never bothered me a bit.

I broke a shoulder and collarbone there but it was just a freak racing accident. They lined the corners with the big white foam pads so you never really made it to the concrete. I had the studs break on the RR coming out of 4 and hit just to the side of where those pads ended.

Personally it's racing. I don't care if its a pole, a wall, or hay bales. Either way if you wreck you're going to tear your stuff up. It's just a part of racing. We all know it going to the track that we could leave on a stretcher or with a kart thats junked.

Track too big for karts IMO.
It's actually smaller and slower than some other FL tracks. The video you saw was senior oval class so guys over 35 running clones I'm guessing around 55 MPH tops. We just got back from Jacksonville. I was hitting 106 MPH at the end of the straight in a 4 stroke shifter. At TRi City kids don't run the big oval they run sprint or small oval.

I just don't want anyone to think it's some crazy dangerous track because it's not.

Brian

any contact is going to be a determination by the person seeing it. with us, it's kind of obvious when you intentionally run up on someone and hit them...in a close pack, it's going to be a little give and take.....as with all forms of racing. but after the first couple of laps, your going to have two or three karts break away from the pack and these are the guys that need to be watched....you just can't understand the logistics of racing on a big car track unless you've been there and raced on one. the speed, the closeness, the other racers....it's all relative to the size of the track. on a short 1/10 mile track, a no contact rule wouldn't work because your always up on someones bumper....but at WCS....the pack usually spreads out as soon as the flag drops because we all race a line that is advantageous to our setup......can't answer any more than that! but if you'd like to see....come on down! just send me your e-mail (lensman56@gmail.com) and i'll get you a copy of our rules....simple...keep the outside looking stock and have fun on the inside! no tech on carb, tires, fuel, clutch.....but you better bring your 'a' game because when the green flag drops, the bull-pucky stops.....

I run Shifter on that track. You might have a better argument with that class to challenge the safty of the track. Yes it would be safer if it didn't have walls but it's wide and fairly well controled. IMO near peferct for clone karts. For hassle free home town racing Tri City Kart Club at the Showtown Speedway is a winner!!!

Brian

Thumbs up Brian! Stop by and see me in the pits on Jan 12. #7 Box Sr.

All I can say is with the different lines those two were taking, then intersecting in the apex I knew those two were going to get together before I saw it actually happen.

I used to road race a Pro-7 Mazda I've seen some nasty wrecks happen in front of me too, but at least then we had car and roll cage around us.

My dad runs Formula Ford for SCCA. I have seen his GoPro videos and wonder why anyone would ever want to run them! There's no intentional "rubbing" in those races, as when 2 open wheels collide at 120 mph the scene isn't pretty!!

Hey mikey it looks like a fun track we should get a few together and go race down there and show them how a no contact rule works

Thumbs up Brian! Stop by and see me in the pits on Jan 12. #7 Box Sr.

Sure I'll look for you but I'm the guy with the school bus so I'm easy to find. I'll probably run shifter on the 12th. I bought an older twister off set chassis to run the oval but I don't think I'll have it ready by the 12th.

Brian

My dad runs Formula Ford for SCCA. I have seen his GoPro videos and wonder why anyone would ever want to run them! There's no intentional "rubbing" in those races, as when 2 open wheels collide at 120 mph the scene isn't pretty!!

Yep I've seen these crash myself, was turn working the end of the straight at Portland, OR and one FF ran up on another one and shot out into the grass several feet in the air. Driver was so lucky things stayed upright in that tangle!

Yep I've seen these crash myself, was turn working the end of the straight at Portland, OR and one FF ran up on another one and shot out into the grass several feet in the air. Driver was so lucky things stayed upright in that tangle!

It's enough to make you question racing after seeing something like that at times...another bad part is the cost of repair. You can get away with a couple hundred with karts, but get into formula open wheel and even a little crash can pull thousands out of a budget racer and keep them from racing for the rest of the season.

sorry to see that =( looks like a nice track though!!! I hate to be the one to say this but im going to play devils advocate here... crashing is always a bad thing!!! and it is something that just happens.. its part of racing... wall or no wall... fence wood or metal all hurts!!! we all take the chance each and every time out!!! get and use your safety gear!!! may not fix the risk... but has been shown to help time and over!!!

now I would like to change gears here.. no really I have a gear question for you... lol what gears you guys run on a track that size??? I run a good size sprint course and im trying to get ruff idea how long our strait is??? so i'd like to compare gears with you...

sorry to see that =( looks like a nice track though!!! I hate to be the one to say this but im going to play devils advocate here... crashing is always a bad thing!!! and it is something that just happens.. its part of racing... wall or no wall... fence wood or metal all hurts!!! we all take the chance each and every time out!!! get and use your safety gear!!! may not fix the risk... but has been shown to help time and over!!!

now I would like to change gears here.. no really I have a gear question for you... lol what gears you guys run on a track that size??? I run a good size sprint course and im trying to get ruff idea how long our strait is??? so i'd like to compare gears with you...

I have a lot of fun at this track, granted it isn't for everyone but I wouldn't knock it before I rocked it. Yeah, no matter what you hit in a go kart at WOT, its going to sting. We have run gear ratios from 3.7:1 to 4.1:1 with max rpms in the 62-6500 range.

Back