Crazy Night of Karting

1st time shame on you, 2nd time shame on me, 3rd time you get punted. This is the way I look at dirty drivers. Alot of them don't like being raced the way they race others. This being said the flagger should have waived the black flag in the heats then at intermission the promoter should have told him that his style of driving will not be tolerated and if he does it again at least a 3 race suspension from the track. This would avoid the other racers equipment being tore up. But if they don't do it then that's when I take matters into my own hands.

After I race the flag man races. I flag about 3 races at a time, They know I will black flag them in a heart beat. I actually keep the flag between my legs and the know its there.

That's why we dont run over at twister,with the cost of our chassis,bodies and wheels we decided they can have at it,Brian said it best and couldn't be said better,back when twister first opened up it wasn't to bad of a place back then,,that's why you don't see the national drivers swing thru there,,

You're gonna need to grow some thicker skin if you want to stay in this game.....one rough night shouldnt be enough to make you re-think how long you want to do it, or sit out a few races.
I agree to some extent but there is a lot behind it that I don’t mention. Like how they have never used the black flag and many other things the track does but also I come from a drag racing background and in that sport we take the best care of our cars as possible. I mean not to brag but there is a reason we win races and win awards and it is because we take care of our stuff. I understand it’s dirt racing but I can’t stand people tearing up others things for no reason. I only race karts because it’s all I can afford. I would love to be in a drag car…specifically a front engine blown dragster but my pockets won’t allow that. I am not what I consider a dirt racer because of the mentality I have and the way I treat my equipment. Don’t get me wrong I know dirt trackers that take amazing care of there stuff but I am just not a dirt racer…I enjoy it but I just can’t handle thsi stuff and I have had enough. I have dealt with it a few times before but this was just the cherry on top. Until they clean up that class I will no longer be running that class. I made up my mind and it is a waste of my time and money to try and compete in that class. It doesn’t matter how fast you are when you get messed with and put into cones and tires on a restart and there are over 10 cautions the fastest kart doesn’t win race and neither does best driver.

Thick skin well maybe. I run a UAS setup out of my garage for fun at 67 years old. Funded buy me it really sucks to have some snot nose kid driving the best equipment available and no money invested tear your rear bumper off in hot laps breaking in a engine when everyone was told before hand. No excuse for that payback always comes at the most inappropriate time. I'm done Chuck.

how thick of skin we talking about? this ain't a million dollar nascar race, there's no groupies, tv cameras, or talent scouts talking contracts at the sheet of plywood labeled winners circle. its a kart race and and not everyone get free tires chassis and motors and even if you did my neighbors still don't know your name or care you won that big race nobody outside of dirt karting has ever heard of. I understand racing and not crying about being leaned on or bumped, and I know what to expect in a big money race. but there is no sense in destroying a $200 body for a $100 race, or banging the $#!+ out of your stuff on a Sat night for 100% payback. just last weekend I had to get after someone for rough driving in open practice. why some people think they are the baddest thing out there because they race a kart makes me laugh

Several times I've witnessed the flagman stop a race and talk with the entire field on the front stretch when things are above and beyond rowdy. I've also seen the entire field be black flagged when that talk fails. That gets people's attention fast. Do what you have to do to keep people safe.

That's why we dont run over at twister,with the cost of our chassis,bodies and wheels we decided they can have at it,Brian said it best and couldn't be said better,back when twister first opened up it wasn't to bad of a place back then,,that's why you don't see the national drivers swing thru there,,

Several times I've witnessed the flagman stop a race and talk with the entire field on the front stretch when things are above and beyond rowdy. I've also seen the entire field be black flagged when that talk fails. That gets people's attention fast. Do what you have to do to keep people safe.
So I spent more time off the flagstand as I did on it sometimes... But I can still remember when I was 15 yrs old gettin' smacked on the helmet with a black flag along with rest of the field, after we proceeded to drive over the top of each other... A good flagman means everything

Just one man's point of view...what you're experiencing at your track is something that has happened at most every track at one point or another...I don't know any of the mentioned parties...but my best guess...the track operator/promoter has a firm number of race entries and pit passes sold required to, at the minimum, break even financially for the night...if they do what should be done and use the black flag liberally to include giving the worst offenders some time away from the track...they run the risk of that number of entries/pit passes sold dropping below their magic number, what ever it might be, causing them to have to possibly dig into their own pocket to get all the bills paid...it's the short sighted solution to a long term problem, ignore the problems on the track to avoid losing the needed income from the kart entries/pit passes...to compound that issue, travel costs are nearly 3 times what they were last season, costs of tires, race fuel, oil, etc, etc have gone up dramatically as well...even more reasons track operators have to be mindful of when trying to keep the financial side of operating a track in line. So, for everyone, it's almost a no-win situation at this moment in time, as a racer, do I spend the money to get to and from the track to go out and get a bunch of stuff tore up needlessly? Or do I leave my money in my pocket and leave the kart in the garage? As a track operator, do I drop the hammer on certain drivers knowing full well it may impact my ability to financially sustain the operation of the track? Or do I turn a blind eye to it all and just focus on the bottom line profit/loss line? These scenarios have haunted all forms of racing since it all started way back when...so once again we're back to the original question...what way to handle this? In my personal opinion, you as the raver have to evaluate how deep your love and passion for kart racing is, then compare that to the amount of money you can afford to spend on it, and then evaluate the risks of potential injuries while racing, if you love it, can afford it and accept the risks, keep on racing...if you can't accept any of those things, then it's time to get away from it....jmo 😉

Just one man's point of view...what you're experiencing at your track is something that has happened at most every track at one point or another...I don't know any of the mentioned parties...but my best guess...the track operator/promoter has a firm number of race entries and pit passes sold required to, at the minimum, break even financially for the night...if they do what should be done and use the black flag liberally to include giving the worst offenders some time away from the track...they run the risk of that number of entries/pit passes sold dropping below their magic number, what ever it might be, causing them to have to possibly dig into their own pocket to get all the bills paid...it's the short sighted solution to a long term problem, ignore the problems on the track to avoid losing the needed income from the kart entries/pit passes...to compound that issue, travel costs are nearly 3 times what they were last season, costs of tires, race fuel, oil, etc, etc have gone up dramatically as well...even more reasons track operators have to be mindful of when trying to keep the financial side of operating a track in line. So, for everyone, it's almost a no-win situation at this moment in time, as a racer, do I spend the money to get to and from the track to go out and get a bunch of stuff tore up needlessly? Or do I leave my money in my pocket and leave the kart in the garage? As a track operator, do I drop the hammer on certain drivers knowing full well it may impact my ability to financially sustain the operation of the track? Or do I turn a blind eye to it all and just focus on the bottom line profit/loss line? These scenarios have haunted all forms of racing since it all started way back when...so once again we're back to the original question...what way to handle this? In my personal opinion, you as the raver have to evaluate how deep your love and passion for kart racing is, then compare that to the amount of money you can afford to spend on it, and then evaluate the risks of potential injuries while racing, if you love it, can afford it and accept the risks, keep on racing...if you can't accept any of those things, then it's time to get away from it....jmo 😉

how thick of skin we talking about? this ain't a million dollar nascar race, there's no groupies, tv cameras, or talent scouts talking contracts at the sheet of plywood labeled winners circle. its a kart race and and not everyone get free tires chassis and motors and even if you did my neighbors still don't know your name or care you won that big race nobody outside of dirt karting has ever heard of. I understand racing and not crying about being leaned on or bumped, and I know what to expect in a big money race. but there is no sense in destroying a $200 body for a $100 race, or banging the $#!+ out of your stuff on a Sat night for 100% payback. just last weekend I had to get after someone for rough driving in open practice. why some people think they are the baddest thing out there because they race a kart makes me laugh
Thick skin or not. Like you say, its not racing for Big Bucks. I pay for everything out of my pocket for my 4 dirt karts, and my Asphalt kart. No sponsers at all. So if someone wants to race that way I can too. That being said I can afford my program and maybe yours :) .. SOOO if I get ran that way I can, and will prolly race them the same way... Broken bodies or not, If it comes to that. But I am fortunate to race with peeps I dont have to worry about that stuff :) ..

Mo Predator Racer.. come and run Stock Appearing. I was in that race that it was announced after in a bragging way.. how quickly it was ran. Stay in the top half of the field, and most of us are into taking care of the equipment. Your complains about the track aren't new. I could name 20 racers that have left for the same reasons.

Mo Predator Racer.. come and run Stock Appearing. I was in that race that it was announced after in a bragging way.. how quickly it was ran. Stay in the top half of the field, and most of us are into taking care of the equipment. Your complains about the track aren't new. I could name 20 racers that have left for the same reasons.
That is my biggest thing. Everyone races clean and doesnt want to destroy others karts. Which is 100% what racing I like. Just fun clean racing and your going fast.

That is my biggest thing. Everyone races clean and doesnt want to destroy others karts. Which is 100% what racing I like. Just fun clean racing and your going fast.
That was one of the biggest reasons I went to S/A and open. And at the time I didn't want to tear my own engines down for tech. There is some times when S/A gets rough but for the most part we all just want to have a good race. Most of us are all pretty good friends, not always shown at the track.

That was one of the biggest reasons I went to S/A and open. And at the time I didn't want to tear my own engines down for tech. There is some times when S/A gets rough but for the most part we all just want to have a good race. Most of us are all pretty good friends, not always shown at the track.
Tearing motors down doesnt bother me much as I am legal so I dont worry about it much. It is a pain to put it back togethor alot but at least it gets rid of the cheaters. But the punishment for cheaters isnt harsh enough and they only tech valve springs anymore it seems like.

Kinda same scenario here. I raced Clones back when I got into karting. But the youngsters in Lite, Med., 15 and up and most prolly wasnt paying for their stuff. I came from Competetive back yard league with Stock Appearing stuff anyway so have raced that since. We all race clean..

Kinda same scenario here. I raced Clones back when I got into karting. But the youngsters in Lite, Med., 15 and up and most prolly wasnt paying for their stuff. I came from Competetive back yard league with Stock Appearing stuff anyway so have raced that since. We all race clean..
So here's the deal boys... clones, predators, it's all the same, more karts more money... full field pays a 100 to win...and Chip tells everybody that every week in the driver's meeting (and he wonders why he's got guys driving with their heads up their a**es) that's why I miss Rob, (the old promoter) he didn't say how much it was to win, but runnin flathead's with 3 guys at the end, you didn't care, you just wanted to keep racing something you loved since you were a kid... PERSPECTIVE

Back