Creating Stagger

One thing to do with bathroom scales is to cut a metal plate or a piece of 1/2" plywood to cover each scale pad, except the readout. Most bathroom scales have varying degrees of deflection, depending on where the contact patch is sitting. The solid plates will give you better distribution on the pad, and better repeatable results.
I think that's a real good idea, but I'm wondering, why are the Longacre scales not subject to this position problem. Has anybody researched that?

I think that's a real good idea, but I'm wondering, why are the Longacre scales not subject to this position problem. Has anybody researched that?
Construction. Stand on the heel of one foot on a cheap dial bathroom scale and watch how much the top plate flexes. Different flex depending on where you are standing. It wont change your weight much, but when youre dealing with 1 and 2 percent weight balance changes, 1 or 2 pounds here and there can really fudge some numbers up. If you shore up the top plate of the scale, you are likely to get accurate and more repeatable results. Especially if you put your contact patch in the center of the scale.
I used cheap dial scales for a long time, and every time I hit a real set of scales, numbers were never really far enough off to worry over.

What motor are you running. Does the chassis match the motor. During the week air your right tires to 20 psi and lower the lefts to 1psi

Back