Creosote?

WOW!!!! No gloves. No Long sleeves/jackets. No neck braces NO SHOES!!!!!! Seriously. You don't need prep....you need life insurabce!!!

X2, What the heck are the parents thinking letting there kid out there with only a helmet, shorts, and short sleeve shirt and the kid is not wearing any shoes, just his BARE FEET.

On a side note go buy some Vegas for your track.

If you have some old used up tires, creo mix on the inside will get you a couple more races out of those tires on a real low bite or wet track, I have done it with old Burris 33's and 55's. Had an old set of 33a's last year that I rolled 4oz of goat with 3 capfulls of creo into them and they were a rocket after it rained at the track, wiped the same goat/creo mix as a prw before going out. That may or may not work for you, was just something I decided to try once and it worked. I still have that set just in case

How did you keep the creo from crystalizing on the inside of the tire? The goat would pull through the tire, sure, but the creo crystalizes pretty quickly 20-30 minutes.

No doubt the goat/creo mix as a PRW would make you fast on a wet track -- it's been used for many years that way (Lightning Valley is notorious for liking this mix.)

x2 on that Brian, i would never roll anything harsh like that in a tire. harsh stuff is for outside only in my camp

No doubt the goat/creo mix as a PRW would make you fast on a wet track -- it's been used for many years that way (Lightning Valley is notorious for liking this mix.)

50/50 ?? This seems to be great info . Not so much BS when veteran racers give useful advice to the rookies (like myself) is what keeps people from getting hurt or ruining a new set of tires .
THANK YOU

50/50 ?? This seems to be great info . Not so much BS when veteran racers give useful advice to the rookies (like myself) is what keeps people from getting hurt or ruining a new set of tires .
THANK YOU

Not 50/50, capful or 2 is all it takes in a smaller mix.

Zach, those tires would have done the same with just the goat internally, the creo did nothing.

Yea, that's right.
NOT 50/50. Straight goat with a capful of creo will do. Don't put it on more than 15 minutes before going on the track. Many years ago, guys were using big quantities of creo in their mixes, but between the availability of creo and all the legal (and health) issues around creo, you don't see anyone using heavy mixes like that anymore (not that you would want to either.)

I've had guys sit on pole at some big races after a rain shower with our Pink Panther cut 50/50 with goat and a capful of creo. At least the oil in the Panther keeps the tires from being totally trashed out by goat.
Knowing how much and when to use it is the key. Being flat locked down by misusing it is the norm. :)

Now .... I got some "Moonshine" in a by out . It has a creo smell but I know it's not 100% because it is too thin. The label is all most gone and can not see what's in it or how to use it . Can yall help me out on what it is or at least how to use it. Thanks

Now .... I got some "Moonshine" in a by out . It has a creo smell but I know it's not 100% because it is too thin. The label is all most gone and can not see what's in it or how to use it . Can yall help me out on what it is or at least how to use it. Thanks

Theres many type of Moonshine mixes out there, so without knowing "whos" mix it is its almost impossible to tell you what exactly it is.
Most all Moonshine mixes have creo in them, used for wet or no bite tracks.

Aren't moonshine AND creo illegal to sell? Just thinking out loud here. ;)

If you can, contact the dealer/manufacturer of the unknown prep that you have and find out what is in it and how to use it before you ruin some tires (or worse.)

How did you keep the creo from crystalizing on the inside of the tire? The goat would pull through the tire, sure, but the creo crystalizes pretty quickly 20-30 minutes.

Honestly Brian I have not broke the tires down since I put it in them, it was just an old set I had laying around and the mix was something I tried just to see if it would work since I knew it worked on the outside, it seemed to do a pretty good job. No idea what creo does on the inside of a tire since that was the one and only time I ever used it inside a tire. If it wasn't an old junk set I would not have even tried, but had nothing to lose from it so figured why not.

Back