CRF450 vs GX390

CRF450 hands and feet down. Let's see...... purpose built racing motor or cement mixer motor? I'll take the CRF.

DK

Ask guys how often they have to rebuild the 390. A bone stock 450 will outlive much of what's out there.

I'm just letting you know whats a way better platform to race with I really don't care what anybody does or buys to race with this person asked the question I'm just telling him from my experiance whats the better way to go you can agree or not to each their own but I have yet to find a track that a 450 can be hooked up on. JMO

A 450 can be hooked up on any track -- it's all up to the driver's right foot and tire program.....and I'd rather be able to spin the tires any time -- I'll take traction-limited over motor-limited anyday. :) 450 for me. JMO. Maybe a 250 if you're trying to save a little weight...

i have a full open big block OHV 390 and i have finished in front of plenty of motorcycle 450 engines and i have been beat by 450'z also they are bolth great running 4stroke engines just depends onwhats going on in the drivers seat i guess............:)

You can buy a 450 cheaper than any of the 305/390 based built engines.jmo

Brian how much can a guy pick up a race ready 450 MX engine for now days anyway , i have a friend who is interested in getting one . he is not new to dirt racing but he will be new to karting and a new B4C member soon

I'm just letting you know whats a way better platform to race with I really don't care what anybody does or buys to race with this person asked the question I'm just telling him from my experiance whats the better way to go you can agree or not to each their own but I have yet to find a track that a 450 can be hooked up on. JMO

Did you mean you've yet to find a track a 450 can't be hooked up on? vs can? If you can hook up a Jawa you can hook up any thing LOL.

Wonder if I install on my kart, should I add any more on it? I haven't try thAt before. Hope you can help me how to do that. I will have my friend to help which he knows how.

I am Matthews friend that he is referring to. Matthew is asking for advice on what all is needed to put a 450 on a kart, and letting you all know he has never tried putting an engine like this on a kart before. Also, you all should know that Matthew is a big man and he comes across the scales at approximately 440 lbs with a animal motor and no lead, so he requires more power just to be equal to the competition. I also think that the extra weight will help him plant the extra power of the 450. He has been running an open animal in the RWYB class.

Back