CRG brakes and bearings

Cptwranglr

I have 2 questions. #1, the brake rotor on my axle is the floating type and when I spin the axle I can hear a slight bit of friction between the pads and rotor. This is with the brake rod unhooked, no tension on the MC lever at all. When the brakes are pressed they work as normal, when not, there is a minimal amount to no clearance between the pads and rotor. The caliper is stamped with 15/16/FR/08. How can I remedy this?
#2. I have read posts about how people clean out their bearings and grease them. Are these sealed bearings? Do seales bearings need to be cleaned out? I run asphalt so there is not a lot of dirt.

Thank you

Everything needs maintenance! And although bearings on asphalt may need less than on dirt, it's still a good practice to keep them clean.

My personal favorite for lubricating is LPS2. It's a penetrating lubricant and you don't have to remove the seals. It's also really great for chain. You can buy it at Walmart. My personal opinion is; if they had invented this stuff yesterday, you would need a doctor's prescription.

Back