CRG Kart identification and advice

Hussain

I’m new and looking at a CRG chassis, honestly, I don’t care what kind, I just want to ride and race a kart. Anyone know what kind of chassis this is and what engine should be put in it? I’ve been told it needs a new rear axle and brakes, how long will they last? I would rather have a cheaper option for the engine. One that works, but is cheap.

Attachments

• C5771428-65F6-40B5-9570-376BD736ACB0.jpeg
    C5771428-65F6-40B5-9570-376BD736ACB0.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 120
  • F6684E76-DA42-41EB-81CA-26CC0550FCCD.jpeg
    F6684E76-DA42-41EB-81CA-26CC0550FCCD.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 120
Okay so let me point a few things out. A. That axle as long as it's straight won't need to be replaced. B. The rotor looks fine just rusty, maybe some new pads and put new fluid in the system.

You need to research where you are going to race and see what classes they offer. Yes the lo206 is expensive but guys are getting 5+ years out of a bottom end. Refresh the head at the end of the season and it's good for the next. Majority of people on this forum are into dirt oval and I am one of them so I won't talk about values because I just don't deal with sprint stuff.

From what I've heard, CRG is a stiffer chassis to handle higher horsepower applications but people make them work with a 206.

Obviously you're younger and not going to be footing the bill for this stuff so you and whoever is buying it need to do as much research as possible before buying anything. Nothing against the kid who told you the axle and brakes need replaced but don't listen to him. I'd look for the most complete setup I could find that fits whatever class it is I want to run in. It saves a bunch of headaches having to piece together the puzzle. Go to wherever your planning on racing and go socialize, there is no better way to get information than talking to the people who run where you are planning on going. There may even be a better opportunity to buy a complete setup or people there may know of something that isn't listed for sale online and can help you.

Welcome to the forum and I wish you the best in your endeavor.

Okay so let me point a few things out. A. That axle as long as it's straight won't need to be replaced. B. The rotor looks fine just rusty, maybe some new pads and put new fluid in the system.

You need to research where you are going to race and see what classes they offer. Yes the lo206 is expensive but guys are getting 5+ years out of a bottom end. Refresh the head at the end of the season and it's good for the next. Majority of people on this forum are into dirt oval and I am one of them so I won't talk about values because I just don't deal with sprint stuff.

From what I've heard, CRG is a stiffer chassis to handle higher horsepower applications but people make them work with a 206.

Obviously you're younger and not going to be footing the bill for this stuff so you and whoever is buying it need to do as much research as possible before buying anything. Nothing against the kid who told you the axle and brakes need replaced but don't listen to him. I'd look for the most complete setup I could find that fits whatever class it is I want to run in. It saves a bunch of headaches having to piece together the puzzle. Go to wherever your planning on racing and go socialize, there is no better way to get information than talking to the people who run where you are planning on going. There may even be a better opportunity to buy a complete setup or people there may know of something that isn't listed for sale online and can help you.

Welcome to the forum and I wish you the best in your endeavor.
Thank you, this really helped and gave me and my dad a better view on the situation, do you know what engines could go on this CRG?

Looks like a 4 cycle mount.
The seat brace looks modified already; though still not right . Thats always an issue on this type kart . You would need to fab or change something there .
LO 206 should fit as well as a clone .
Brakes could be a twenty dollar fix or a two hundred dollar fix .
Gary10 is very knowledgeable and gave good advice .

Thank you, this really helped and gave me and my dad a better view on the situation, do you know what engines could go on this CRG?
It's all about what engine mount you want to put on it. You can do a 206, predator/clone, rotax, 250cc bike motor. The possibilities are endless but it all come down to what class you plan on running.

Back