Crg rs-5

Cringer

Im thinking about getting into kart racing and I found a CRG-RS5 with a briggs lo206 on it cheap but I worried I might be to big for it im 6ft 190lbs but I have seen that most of the 4 storke chassis are 28mm just like this one so what do you guys think

I am 6'2" and 245 lb and drive a margay with a 28mm frame, kt100 powered. I also have a Tony kart with a 30mm frame and a Paul Tracy kart with a 32mm and 50mm axle powered by a Maxter Tag. Since the briggs lo206 is such a low powered engine and your weight isn't excessive you should be fine with that setup. The stiffer frames really come into play with the higher hp engines and higher cornering forces exerted on the chassis.

Biggest thing about the seat is just getting one that fits right and also installing it correctly, so that you have the proper front-back, side to side weight per CRG's manual. A lot of people just slap them in, but I do get out the bathroom scales when mounting a seat and tweak the braces and amount of layback until I get the weights just right.
40mm axle should be perfect for that, again you don't have a 30HP TAG motor, and want to keep the kart "free" so you don't scrub off HP.

Back