CRG youth lo206

Hussain

I’m 13 and my dad and I have been looking for a Go-Kart, is a CRG youth for 13 year olds? If so, can I put in a Briggs and Stratton engine, if I can, how much would the overall cart worth be?

Most major kart brands have 3 different size karts. Kid kart for 5-7 year old, cadet for 7-12 and full size for 12 and up. The wheelbase length is the easiest way to tell. For you age you want one with a wheelbase around 41” to indicate a full size kart. Get a rough measurement from the front spindle to the middle of the axle to verify. A new engine package is about 1200 with everything you need to bolt to a kart. Karts can range from 1000 to 3000 depending on age and condition. A 5-10 year old used kart with a new engine would be worth about 2500.

I’m 13 and my dad and I have been looking for a Go-Kart, is a CRG youth for 13 year olds? If so, can I put in a Briggs and Stratton engine, if I can, how much would the overall cart worth be?
Theres a good place up in Indiana called Comet Karting. Me and my dad went there for our CRG. They put a 206 on it and its pretty slow, honestly, if you can find a different chassis brand, like Margay, then go for it. As long as you can afford it. For our crg, it was about $4000 at Comet. But if you can configure the engine the right way for a CRG, then go for it. Hiw much do you weigh, if I may ask?

Theres a good place up in Indiana called Comet Karting. Me and my dad went there for our CRG. They put a 206 on it and its pretty slow, honestly, if you can find a different chassis brand, like Margay, then go for it. As long as you can afford it. For our crg, it was about $4000 at Comet. But if you can configure the engine the right way for a CRG, then go for it. Hiw much do you weigh, if I may ask?
I weigh around 120, but this kart for me I would probably resell, the guy is selling the chassis for 900$, maybe 750$, I saw a Tony Kart which Id probably actually buy for racing, it’s a Nordix. Tony Karts are really good I’ve heard, the problem is that the engine kits are 1100$. So if I have a CRG, with a new engine kit, how much would it be worth? And for the Tony Kart, would it be good for racing?

Most major kart brands have 3 different size karts. Kid kart for 5-7 year old, cadet for 7-12 and full size for 12 and up. The wheelbase length is the easiest way to tell. For you age you want one with a wheelbase around 41” to indicate a full size kart. Get a rough measurement from the front spindle to the middle of the axle to verify. A new engine package is about 1200 with everything you need to bolt to a kart. Karts can range from 1000 to 3000 depending on age and condition. A 5-10 year old used kart with a new engine would be worth about 2500.
So a 10 year old CRG with a new engine could be worth 2500$?

I weigh around 120, but this kart for me I would probably resell, the guy is selling the chassis for 900$, maybe 750$, I saw a Tony Kart which Id probably actually buy for racing, it’s a Nordix. Tony Karts are really good I’ve heard, the problem is that the engine kits are 1100$. So if I have a CRG, with a new engine kit, how much would it be worth? And for the Tony Kart, would it be good for racing?
Can you show me the crg? They are typucally made for shifter engines, so there would need to be some redoing in the back near the mount. Most crgs weigh around 140-180 lbs. So you would weigh in at about 260-300 lbs.

Also, if that crg is in good condition, then with a new engine, it could sell for 2500-3000 bucks

I would not recommend buying one too sell , just to purchase a different one.
You may find you sold a 10$ for a Five.
It could work , Likely not .

Can you show me the crg? They are typucally made for shifter engines, so there would need to be some redoing in the back near the mount. Most crgs weigh around 140-180 lbs. So you would weigh in at about 260-300 lbs.
A5A89694-5500-4268-B279-DB13D3698779.jpeg
33109506-D059-47A8-9562-65F88833895B.jpeg

Can you recommend a good engine kit, preferably a cheaper one. thank You
Well, there is the $900 206 that is race prep. Based on the looks, youd need a new axle new rear brake disk, new chain, and likely some new wheels. All that plus the engine sounds like a good $1000-$1300. Maybe a bit more if your lookin for someone to do it for you. Like I said, comet is a good place. Got my kart upgraded and tuned for my size and weight there, and it took around 6 hours and $4000. Yours is in better condition than mine was, so expect $2000-$3000. But dont think I'm right about the cost. I would also stick a floor in there.

Based on the pictures I showed you, can you confirm what age and what kind of go kart this is? Seller didn’t tell me much

Probably about 10 years old. I think it might be called an RS9. The rust certainly lowers the value and causes a lot of extra work. In that condition it isn’t worth more than 800 especially if the brakes don’t work.

There's something weird going on with the seat mount struts. I can't figure out what!! Seems to be some heavy modification there.
I think I'd stay away from that one.

Yeah I think I won’t buy this one. I’ve been getting lots of good advice and I found another kart that I might get people to check out. This site is very useful for new Karters.

Back