Cross adjustment on 2014 Prowler

bullerman

Was looking on Prowlers website at the set up sheet. They say adjust cross from the left front. What do they mean? Set the right front spindle in the middle and adjust left front up or down for cross?

Going to scale mine today. I run grooves with 1 1/4 rear and 1 3/4 front. Right rear tire is larger than the right front. I know with slicks you want the right sides the same. I guess I will still go with prowler numbers.

What cross % are you looking to achieve?

Both spindles centered on both sides would land you right around 56%, give or take a few percents.

I would only follow that for a smaller adjustment, you want your washers as even as possible. 66 % cross seems to be the magic number on cross for the prowlers.

I have the left front with same amount of washers top and bottom. Right front i have three more washers on top. According to my bathroom scales I am at 63%. I will try it tonight.
I am going to run low air pressure. 3 1/2 left and 5 1/2 right. I ran that for the heat and went up 7 and 9.apparenlty that was too much. I slowed down big time.

At the track should I start with the same air pressure on both sides. Always started with some kind of split. Don't really know why just thought I should.

Most all tracks start out with less grip and gain grip as event goes on, so yes most start out with air same straight up as it tightens the chassis, then open up split as track grips up, here for our Friday night racing we start out same, then 1/2 lb split heats most time, then one lb split features.

Back