Cross question/help

kamkart57

My son bout 10 races into 250, bit on the light side bout 72lbs, and 90lbs of lead (on seat) gets us bout 425 on scale, been running around 47 cross, blocks (qrc intermediate) both forward to help with building up strength. I added RF drop moved blocks straight up and at 51% what would you folks suggest, and also how much more weight on LR vs RR do I need to look for or attemp to achieve. Appreciate any input hope everyone has great 4th of July.

My son bout 10 races into 250, bit on the light side bout 72lbs, and 90lbs of lead (on seat) gets us bout 425 on scale, been running around 47 cross, blocks (qrc intermediate) both forward to help with building up strength. I added RF drop moved blocks straight up and at 51% what would you folks suggest, and also how much more weight on LR vs RR do I need to look for or attemp to achieve. Appreciate any input hope everyone has great 4th of July.
I have a "corner weight" Excel spreadsheet that is quite accurate. It's kind of a hobby of mine to put numbers into it that I see here on the web. Corner weights or percentages. One of the features of my spreadsheet is it tells you what the percentage is across the rear and across the front. Like you're asking, the percentage difference between the LR and the RR.

Now I know nothing about winged karts, but with flat karts, I have seen LR to RR percentages ranging from about 30% to 250%. The majority are in the range of 80% to 120%. It would appear to me that there is no "correct" percentage, you set it and you try it until you find what is best for you and your kart.

This may not be what you're expecting, and you may be questioning the accuracy of my spreadsheet, but you shouldn't, it's a dead on correct. In all the results that I have posted, never has the accuracy been questioned.

Thank You AL for the input, I'm gonna try the 51.5% cross, LF88 RF78 LR140 RR117, the 20+lb of gap on rear seems to be good offset as the cage and wing shifts right in turn (cage on 4 springs) it cuts LR to around 80, that xfer also pulls front wheels left. Bout 2 inch of stagger in rear

Thank You AL for the input, I'm gonna try the 51.5% cross, LF88 RF78 LR140 RR117, the 20+lb of gap on rear seems to be good offset as the cage and wing shifts right in turn (cage on 4 springs) it cuts LR to around 80, that xfer also pulls front wheels left. Bout 2 inch of stagger in rear
You're welcome, my pleasure. I know very very little about winged karts, but your numbers are a whole lot different than a flat kart.
Total 423
Front 39.24 %
Left 53.9 %
Cross 51.54 %

Left Front % 20.80%
Left Front lbs 88

Right Front % 18.44%
Right Front lbs 78

Left Rear % 33.10%
Left Rear lbs 140.01

Right Rear % 27.66%
Right Rear lbs 117