Cross weight PRC Scythe 2020

I just converted a Scythe to a Junior. I haven’t moved any washers from the previous owner.

I got his left side and nose weight in the ball park of PRC Recommendations, but cross is a problem
Left 54.9%
Nose 45%
Cross 84%

weights are 18 /88
109/ 72=232 Total weight

Can I get 16%-18% cross out this thing just moving washers?

This is my first time scaling a go kart.

BTW, I did forget to set tires pressures.

Attachments

• 5D876743-D284-4C48-92EA-17F50A9CFADE.png
    5D876743-D284-4C48-92EA-17F50A9CFADE.png
    743.7 KB · Views: 87
I just converted a Scythe to a Junior. I haven’t moved any washers from the previous owner.

I got his left side and nose weight in the ball park of PRC Recommendations, but cross is a problem
Left 54.9%
Nose 45%
Cross 84%

weights are 18 /88
109/ 72=232 Total weight

Can I get 16%-18% cross out this thing just moving washers?

This is my first time scaling a go kart.

BTW, I did forget to set tires pressures.
is that with your little guy in the seat?

Take your spindle washers and even them out on both sides. If you have an extra spacer, it will go on the top of the right front and bottom of the left front.
Set air pressure.
Put driver in seat gear on.
Get your total weight, nose and left close by setting the the lead around the seat, but not bolting it on yet.
Set your camber and toe.
Check your above numbers, if your close bolt the lead to the seat, if not move as needed then bolt it on.
Zero the scales, set your cross, recheck camber and toe, go race.

Kids tend to get fidgety after sitting in the seat for awhile. Let em take a break, you might need one too lol

Just trying to help, are the cords to the scale pads connected to the correct scale pads? It's easy if you're not paying close attention to have them crossed....make sure tires are in center of scale pads....make sure the frame of the kart isn't touching the scale stands or scale pads...recheck tire air pressures....make sure all wheel nuts are tight and wheels aren't wobbling from not being all the way into the wheel hubs...hope this helps!

So end result what’s this. I’m using car scales from my street stock, but they’ve been calibrated recently. I lost a few percent setting tire pressures, making sure the tires were centered on the pads, and making sure the kart is settled good. Dropped to 78%.

Rear hubs should 4.5 on right and 4.25 on left. That is measuring from the cassette to the spot where the wheels meet the hub

. I dropped the left front spindle all the way down and ended up about 71%. Then split the difference on the RF and went to 66%.
They recommend 62-68% for Junior 1. I just left it there.

Back