Cross Weight

MAS

Im getting mixed opinions. I have a 2013 slack axiom. Kart and driver 471lbs, running a flat head in the stock heavy division. Ive never had this kart on the track yet. The track is small, some guys are runninf a 12/70 gear. On a flat track what kind of croas weight numbers should i be looking to achieve. Is lesa cross or more cross better? Any set up numbers would be appreciated

45.5% to 46% nose, 58% to 58.5% left, 57% to 58 % cross, 2.6 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, 1 3/8" front stagger, 1 1/2" rear stagger minimum don't be afraid to try a little more, keep in mind it's going to be tough giving up 100 lb unless your heavy division is MUCH heavier than most which is 375 lb ish.

The above numbers are very close to what I run, as I have a 2013 Axiom as well. I weigh about 420lbs. My cross is closer to 54%. On a flatter track with tighter corners, I feel it works a little better with the lower cross.

The above numbers are very close to what I run, as I have a 2013 Axiom as well. I weigh about 420lbs. My cross is closer to 54%. On a flatter track with tighter corners, I feel it works a little better with the lower cross.
I was just coming back on to edit my post and add If you try that set-up and adjust cross after LOWER it don't raise it And I would not be afraid to go as low as 54%.

Thanks for all the info. I've got those numbers in the kart as of last night but I have 168 lbs on the left rear. Will that be a big issue to unload?

Back