Cross

Packman88

Just a question to get some opinions,we have a minecon and run hoosier tread predator class, out here tracks can get get hard / slick , sometimes some rubber. Wanna cut our cross down a bit, currently at 68, but would like to cut it down a bit more. On RF I moved spindle up / frame down , I have one washer on top , and 5 on bottom. I was reading that doing the opposite on lf will do the same but is that cross between lf and rr ? Or will that help cut cross between rf and lr ?

Just bouncing some ideas around

I typically like to keep my RF ride height the same and make cross adjustments on the LF, General a good equal balance between the two sides, I would not want to be that offset on the RF

Just a question to get some opinions,we have a minecon and run hoosier tread predator class, out here tracks can get get hard / slick , sometimes some rubber. Wanna cut our cross down a bit, currently at 68, but would like to cut it down a bit more. On RF I moved spindle up / frame down , I have one washer on top , and 5 on bottom. I was reading that doing the opposite on lf will do the same but is that cross between lf and rr ? Or will that help cut cross between rf and lr ?

Just bouncing some ideas around
With now only 1 on top 5 on bottom how many washers did you move to the bottom to have 5 ? How much were you looking to lower it ? Cross is always RF & LR and yes doing opposite on LF will lower it as well.

With now only 1 on top 5 on bottom how many washers did you move to the bottom to have 5 ? How much were you looking to lower it ? Cross is always RF & LR and yes doing opposite on LF will lower it as well.

2 and see that's what kinda throws me off, we scaled it when we first got it back together. Set our caster, camber , toe etc . I had both spindles equal 3 top and 3 bottom on both. And air pressures set I had the kid in everything minus rib protector and jacket , when did this we had a clone on. And had these numbers,

Cross 64.4

Nose 45.7

Left 57.1

Only thing I changed is we had put a predator motor on, and i moved the two washers from the top to the bottom on rf and we got these numbers

Cross 68

Nose 47

Left 57.7

2 and see that's what kinda throws me off, we scaled it when we first got it back together. Set our caster, camber , toe etc . I had both spindles equal 3 top and 3 bottom on both. And air pressures set I had the kid in everything minus rib protector and jacket , when did this we had a clone on. And had these numbers,

Cross 64.4

Nose 45.7

Left 57.1

Only thing I changed is we had put a predator motor on, and i moved the two washers from the top to the bottom on rf and we got these numbers

Cross 68

Nose 47

Left 57.7
And you scaled 2 nd time on same tires, same air ? And were scales still set up in same location as first time ? Or you re set up scales to scale 2 nd time ?

Cross should have went down with that change .
Raising RF lowers cross - Dropping LF Lowers cross .

Yes sir everything the same minus diff motor and washers I moved
Well hard to say 100 % with racing it with other engine on cambers could have moved some, engines would have different weights and if not in same location would change cross some, but you had 64 before, you went the right way on the washers, so you should of been close to 60 and are at 68 can't see those things making 8 point difference, is there any chance the spindle got bent. ?

Well hard to say 100 % with racing it with other engine on cambers could have moved some, engines would have different weights and if not in same location would change cross some, but you had 64 before, you went the right way on the washers, so you should of been close to 60 and are at 68 can't see those things making 8 point difference, is there any chance the spindle got bent. ?

Possible, I don't know when it would have happened,

Clone and predator cant be more then 5 lbs differnt even with fuel .
Set it back on scales and see if its the same still .
Something has to be different .

If they look good, re check confirm scales are 100 % level including cross corners, then re scale making sure scales are zero when you go on.

I find myself getting confused when I mix "raising spindle" or "raising the frame", or the opposite. So I've decided, to change the weight balance, I only speak of raising, or lowering, the frame. When the karts on the ground the tires are on the ground and you can't raise or lower them, they're on the ground.
Actually, I suppose it doesn't really make any difference which of the terms you use, but I can't mix them, it confuses me.

I find myself getting confused when I mix "raising spindle" or "raising the frame", or the opposite. So I've decided, to change the weight balance, I only speak of raising, or lowering, the frame. When the karts on the ground the tires are on the ground and you can't raise or lower them, they're on the ground.
Actually, I suppose it doesn't really make any difference which of the terms you use, but I can't mix them, it confuses me.
It's always been easier for most everyone to understand it by thinking what the adjustment does to the tire itself, your not adjusting it with tires on the ground, lowering it on the RF adding cross and raising the tire on the RF lowers cross, opposite on the LF.

Big difference when everyone except you thinks in terms of raising or lowering a spindle.

Maybe you should for once accept and go with the flow instead of starting another one of your demands others do it your way and only your way.

If they look good, re check confirm scales are 100 % level including cross corners, then re scale making sure scales are zero when you go on.

Ok will do, spindles seem to be straight, only thing that comes to mind is we went and practiced yesterday and he came in one time and the steering lock clamp had spun somehow ? It was tight so not sure how that happened..
Also as I look it over I had my caster written down as 9 on rf and 7 on lf, ( now I could have written down as that the first time we scaled but anyway looking now caster is 9 on rf and 5 on lf

Ok will do, spindles seem to be straight, only thing that comes to mind is we went and practiced yesterday and he came in one time and the steering lock clamp had spun somehow ? It was tight so not sure how that happened..
Also as I look it over I had my caster written down as 9 on rf and 7 on lf, ( now I could have written down as that the first time we scaled but anyway looking now caster is 9 on rf and 5 on lf
If the caster is different that would effect cross, but I wouldn't want it at either one of those settings I'd want 7 lf & 10 rf

If the caster is different that would effect cross, but I wouldn't want it at either one of those settings I'd want 7 lf & 10 rf

As I'm sitting here racking my brain I just read where low caster can cause new drivers to be jerky , which now makes sense cause we def fought that last year lol. I guess maybe just reset everything and go again and see what I come up with

Back