Cross

With those predator engines gearing is more critical than other classes, a lot of guy's here were gearing them to close to the clones as far as front driver size, our small fast momentum 1/8 th mile track clone is a 14 front driver, when I told guy's with predators to try a 17 front driver they resisted but eventually tried, then when I told them to try an 18 driver they thought I was crazy but it seems best, then same with Air pressure here it is a 33's only rule on an 11 track and when I told them to double Air to start out they again thought I was crazy, but little over double the air the clones are on is the ticket, Bottom line the stock predator is all about momentum.

With those predator engines gearing is more critical than other classes, a lot of guy's here were gearing them to close to the clones as far as front driver size, our small fast momentum 1/8 th mile track clone is a 14 front driver, when I told guy's with predators to try a 17 front driver they resisted but eventually tried, then when I told them to try an 18 driver they thought I was crazy but it seems best, then same with Air pressure here it is a 33's only rule on an 11 track and when I told them to double Air to start out they again thought I was crazy, but little over double the air the clones are on is the ticket, Bottom line the stock predator is all about momentum.

Ya we bumped up our air pressure from last year, and did jump up on our driver

Did the RF Spacer get taken out from first scale to second?
During your practice season did the LF hit any disc blades?
When on the scales lift the rear end and spin axle 180. Those Hoosiers can be very out of round.

Did the RF Spacer get taken out from first scale to second?
During your practice season did the LF hit any disc blades?
When on the scales lift the rear end and spin axle 180. Those Hoosiers can be very out of round.

Spacer has never been in, didnt hit anything I'll check tires this evening

Here is a question that I throw out there. When you scaled between the two set ups how much did the weight of each wheel change? Particularly the LR?

For what it's worth the Minecon I tuned the sweet spot on cross was 66 %, BUT that was not on treads.
rp any suggestions on this setup for my kids minecon. Hes running jr 2 blue plate animal. small flat bullring on 11s, running a 13 65. Prob 20lbs heavier than everyone else

Attachments

• received_401057691379603.jpeg
    received_401057691379603.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 22
Just a question to get some opinions,we have a minecon and run hoosier tread predator class, out here tracks can get get hard / slick , sometimes some rubber. Wanna cut our cross down a bit, currently at 68, but would like to cut it down a bit more. On RF I moved spindle up / frame down , I have one washer on top , and 5 on bottom. I was reading that doing the opposite on lf will do the same but is that cross between lf and rr ? Or will that help cut cross between rf and lr ?

Just bouncing some ideas around
Move RR axle down

No dude you don't wanna mess with the ride height on the right side. You need your right front to be level with your right rear. Which is typically 2 washers on the bottom of the right front. Then readjust with the left front. Just lower the left front until your cross is low enough

Back