Cross

As I'm sitting here racking my brain I just read where low caster can cause new drivers to be jerky , which now makes sense cause we def fought that last year lol. I guess maybe just reset everything and go again and see what I come up with
Ya before you do anything with the LF washers.

I don't understand?? What possible difference could it make if I do it my way?? Raises the frame, lower the spindle, do it either way, I don't care, but when you mix them in the same post, and I'm not saying you did, but it's happened, I get confused.
I'm getting old, and my shoes are too small, and my feet hurt, and I like it! (Dana Carvey's "angry old man")

I don't understand?? What possible difference could it make if I do it my way?? Raises the frame, lower the spindle, do it either way, I don't care, but when you mix them in the same post, and I'm not saying you did, but it's happened, I get confused.
I'm getting old, and my shoes are too small, and my feet hurt, and I like it! (Dana Carvey's "angry old man")
Wouldn't make any difference, just your the big minority in that way of thinking, but why does that not surprise me .

Ya before you do anything with the LF washers.

So after looking closer at the front end I may uave possibly figured it out , when we tore the kart down this past winter I just took the caster blocks off as a whole and never pulled spindles out. We never changed anything on lf from when we bought it from old owner's. Well when we scaled it a couple weeks ago I looked and swore it was heads up on the of ( 3 on top, 3 on bottom) well now that I look closely I actually have 2 on top with no gold washer and on the bottom I have 2 washers , 2 gold washers ( one is suppose to be on top) and then 2 more washers. So correct me if I'm wrong and very well could be , but with the LF that way and when I raised the RF I just countered myself on what I was wanting to do or no ?

So after looking closer at the front end I may uave possibly figured it out , when we tore the kart down this past winter I just took the caster blocks off as a whole and never pulled spindles out. We never changed anything on lf from when we bought it from old owner's. Well when we scaled it a couple weeks ago I looked and swore it was heads up on the of ( 3 on top, 3 on bottom) well now that I look closely I actually have 2 on top with no gold washer and on the bottom I have 2 washers , 2 gold washers ( one is suppose to be on top) and then 2 more washers. So correct me if I'm wrong and very well could be , but with the LF that way and when I raised the RF I just countered myself on what I was wanting to do or no ?
No not if LF washers were not touched from 1st scaling to the second scaling, just removing the whole block and bolting it back on the washers are the same. If I'm understanding what your saying.

No not if LF washers were not touched from 1st scaling to the second scaling, just removing the whole block and bolting it back on the washers are the same. If I'm understanding what your saying.

What I mean is , I removed the blocks this winter , and and put them back on , never moved washers at all on the left front. But on the right front I put it to where it was the gold washer , 3 washers on top, then I went 3 washers , the gold washer then the spherical spacer.. After that we scaled it for the first time. And got the lower number mentioned prev , I then moved 2 washers from the top to the bottom on the right front , again never touching the left front.

Now that we have been talking I looked at the left front and it is actually up as well, it has 2 washers on top and 4 washers, plus the two gold washers on the bottom. So....when I brought the right front up I just dropped the whole front end , by me not realizing the left front is jacked up

And camber will affect it .
If you disassembled it over winter any number of things could affect it .
Best to set it up now how you want and go from there .
Center them both and adjust from there .

What I mean is , I removed the blocks this winter , and and put them back on , never moved washers at all on the left front. But on the right front I put it to where it was the gold washer , 3 washers on top, then I went 3 washers , the gold washer then the spherical spacer.. After that we scaled it for the first time. And got the lower number mentioned prev , I then moved 2 washers from the top to the bottom on the right front , again never touching the left front.

Now that we have been talking I looked at the left front and it is actually up as well, it has 2 washers on top and 4 washers, plus the two gold washers on the bottom. So....when I brought the right front up I just dropped the whole front end , by me not realizing the left front is jacked up
You got me confused lol !!
I'd put both sides even, re set cambers and toe, check it then adjust cross to what you want from there, if I only had to move 1 washer I'd do it on the lf, if 2 I'd do 1 each side.

You got me confused lol !!
I'd put both sides even, re set cambers and toe, check it then adjust cross to what you want from there, if I only had to move 1 washer I'd do it on the lf, if 2 I'd do 1 each side.

Lol , oh man maybe so its been a long day , I'll do that I'll just reset everything and start fresh lol

The block spacer in the RF do you have it in place or it's taken out ? Curious as to your thought's on lowering cross is that thinking because your chasing a certain handling issue , or just tweaking for potential speed ?

Back