Cross?

Collin

Will cross change slightly one week to another.
Scaled kart and cross was at 52.9% raced it and then put on scales and it was 52.2%.
Not much , but will tire wear change it just a bit.
Thanks

I would say thats pretty darn good .
Consider one warsher is 2% .
Scale setup could be off just that 1/16 inch and still show level .

Also take into consideration that stagger can change it as well so just a bit different stagger can change it aswell. Aslo you could just be sitting a tiny bit different or weigh a tad bit more or less than when scaled. But to be that close after racing that isnt bad.

Also take into consideration that stagger can change it as well so just a bit different stagger can change it aswell. Aslo you could just be sitting a tiny bit different or weigh a tad bit more or less than when scaled. But to be that close after racing that isnt bad.
Thanks thats what I thought also.

How tight does your toe lock hold the spindles? Wear in bearings or heims?
Has the camber or toe changed?
All these factors, plus those already stated can influence cross, and cross changing.

Incidentally, the toe lock would be most effective if it secured the lf spindle, as this has the greatest influence on cross.
Not a simple possibility, but something to think about.

Last edited:
Its not karts but our junior sprints stay within .5% week to week unless something gets broke/bent. Pickup on the RR tire every time to make sure the axle isnt in a bind. This becomes increasingly important the more stagger vehicles have. Cars with floater axles we would pull an axle out of one side to take the bind out

One thing I have seen is that different air pressures can also change the cross. However I have always been told and here recently I have seen this to be true, that cross is just a scale number/ reference point. Once you get off of the scales you never really need to worry about it at the track because you can make many of the same adjustments by adjusting tires (air pressure, stagger, hardness) and moving the wheel in and out to adjust to how the kart is feeling once you get to the track.

Back