2 washers top of LF

2 on bottom of RF

Caster 10 rf
7 lf

.25 camber lf
-2 25 rf

Cross 61.9-62

1/4 stagger front and rear

Likely a bent spindle Resulting in low cross ?

If he adds stagger he will reduce the cross even more. Id increase Lf Camber to neg .5 . Take out Rf camber to 21/4 make sure Lr wheel is 3/4 off rail .that should increase cross some. Run nose 46.5 especially adult classes . Pacman knows his game no need to scale at all until you have race tires under it.

Everyone wants to run 70 cross that's crazy a kart is much faster with low cross so its freed up and get the bite in the tires

Unless the tires are correctly sized and air pressure is set, its not worth the effort to scale because numbers will be incorrect. Why scale a kart if things arent correct and waste time doing so for a set of numbers that mean absolute zero wben tires arent right?
I understand that, we are on the Hoosier Treads, it was the set I had that got me down on stagger, otherwise it was like 2.5 to 3 inches

Unless the tires are correctly sized and air pressure is set, its not worth the effort to scale because numbers will be incorrect.
I understand that, we are on the Hoosier Treads, it was the set I had that got me down on stagger, otherwise it was like 2.5 to 3 inches
Yet , ask if the spindle is bent ?

Unless the tires are correctly sized and air pressure is set, its not worth the effort to scale because numbers will be incorrect.

Yet , ask if the spindle is bent ?

I guess the better question would be what range of cross should I be with those settings, I only asked cause I had a couple other guys on scythes that told me with these settings I should be almost knocking on 70% cross. My air pressures and everything was set how I run them, so maybe i worded it wrong

Wow.

Since you are winging it on stagger, gotta ask have you set left and rear in the correct percentages? If left and rear are not correct, same as stagger, gotta get those, or you are just wasting time.

To get left and rear, you must physically move weight, left to right, or front to rear.
This probably wont matter as much if your stagger is incorrect. It may change slightly. There is a bunch of geometry going on here, but gonna get you close.
Only when these numbers are close, and stagger and pressures are where you will run then, can you worry about what cross is.
Tuning may be tough, but basics should still be respected.

Last edited:
Wow.

Since you are winging it on stagger, gotta ask first if this is a scythe chassis?

Next, have you set left and rear in the correct percentages? If left and rear are not correct, same as stagger, gotta get those, or you are just wasting time.

To get left and rear, you must physically move weight, left to right, or front to rear.
This probably wont matter as much if your stagger is incorrect. It may change slightly. There is a bunch of geometry going on here, but gonna get you close.
Only when these numbers are close, and stagger and pressures are where you will run then, can you worry about what cross is.
Tuning may be tough, but basics should still be respected.
Yes .083 scythe , 46.3-46.5 nose , 58.9-59 left side....Honestly I've never looked at rear air pressures was set to what I run, i ran the stagger I mentioned.....Like i said i was just told for the numbers i mentioned i was told i was way low. So I was trying to get a ball park what it should be ...or am I right in the ball park with what I got

Depending on class, using phantom baseline, you may be high on nose, and on the low side for left.
Rf camber is slightly low.
Not really trying to sound mean, but if you are guessing, that's all anyone else can do.
Ideally, you would get new spindles, and build a checker off these for reference.
Then wheel placement becomes important. Another one and a quarter inch of front stagger will make substantial difference. Not going to equal out because left rear is low.
If you are using someone's setup, need to have all things the same, if you expect to get same numbers.

Last edited:
I guess the better question would be what range of cross should I be with those settings, I only asked cause I had a couple other guys on scythes that told me with these settings I should be almost knocking on 70% cross. My air pressures and everything was set how I run them, so maybe i worded it wrong
Probably true with 1.5 - 1 3/4 inch stagger. With 1/4" stagger thats really not bad .

Back