Current L206 Engine Availability

With all due respect, that is the silliest thing I have ever heard. That is the one tech group on the planet that I can 100% say is going to roll cams and do tech right. You should be more worried about your club level tech man and his abilities.

See you at spring nats!
They can be moved 4 degrees either side and be legal.

That's only at 0.006. The other checks are tighter. Also, how much advantage is gained? Not what's talked about but actual data. I doubt much if any. It's been done in all forms for a long time. Something else to consider that no one brings up, are we talking sprint racing? Or dirt oval AKA momentum?

See Mike’s post. There is no performance gain to be had within the cam window. BTW, twisting 4 degrees at .006 will actually push a lot of other points out of the box. Also, we’re just changing timing. We’re not talking about separating lobes or overlap or anything that’s actually important. I’ve opened a few old 206s recently to build super stocks. If you think you’re getting beat on motor (especially due to cam twisting), it’s just not there.

This is all a scare tactic by one individual. This is not a wide spread pandemic. If you want to talk more, call your favorite builder (pick any big name. Or one you trust) and ask them. They’ll gladly tell you how silly this is.

Back