Custom Briggs Cylinder Sleeves.

Jimbo

You can fool some of the people some of the time
If you want to sleeve or re-sleeve an Animal block i have some custom sleeves and pistons for you.
These sleeves are the correct length for the stock deck height Animal of Model 15 plus they have a shoulder on the top to make sure they don't slip deeper into the block.
Some will say just leave an aluminum shoulder at the bottom of the block when you bore it but the problem is that the piston comes out of the cylinder at BDC of the so much that the aluminum piston skirt gets tore up by that aluminum shoulder.
Aluminum on aluminum doesn't work!!!

I currently have 2 sizes 3.050 OD By 2.860" ID
This one was designed specifically to allow you to used my 2.870" piston with a stock stroke to compete in the 14.5 CID class.
This gives you 14.26 CID
When the cylinder gets worn and you need to re fresh it i have a 2.885" piston that gives you 14.41 CID.
You can go bigger than that but then it's not legal for the 14.5 CID class.
These pistons are 3 ring gas ported with the .625" wrist pins.
The connecting rod is 3.572" long from center to center.

I also have a 3.190 OD By 3.001" ID sleeve with the shoulder on the top for those that want to do a short stroke open motor.

Why do it this way??
So you can use a head with bigger valves than you can with a small bore stroker engine. The big bore also does a better job of unshrouding the valves for better flow.

KIMG1635 (1).jpg

Last edited:
If not, what is the price on the 3" i.d. bore sleeve and matching head gasket? Or price on finished 3" bore block?

Can we expect better wear then the stock animal bore? Seems like you have a better and stronger way to go bigger bore then the 15 block.

Why do it this way??
So you can use a head with bigger valves than you can with a small bore stroker engine. The big bore also does a better job of unshrouding the valves for better flow.

I have long held, though I don't post much about it that a larger bore is preferred over stroking the animal and that larger valves without a larger bore is not worth the time and money.

Yes i have Pistons with the .490" wrist pin for the 3" or larger bore. The sleeve and head gasket is $125.00
You have your choice of a fire ring head gasket or Copper gasket. If you want a finished block we need to talk.
Call me.

Back