cut it off

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
so i have had this nice champ slack reactor for sale... nice kart, couldn't find a buy, or trade for a flat kart. soooo. for better or worse. i cut the cage off.. now i have a flat kart.. ya'll think it will work or be junk.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone will notice the wheel base.
it will be easy to see where the cage was cut off, that is a dead give away it was a champ, Stoney is correct it wont be legal where they run the rule sets he listed

Didn't know the wheel bases on champs were longer. i'll have to make a comparison against my other flat karts. Everyday's an education. Hoping to get some laps on it this week. will see how it handles.

It'll handle like a champ kart (lazy - slow to react because of the long wheelbase.)
I always thought they drove like a school bus compared to a sports car (flat kart.) Now, if by chance you ha(d) a jr sportsman champ, the wheelbase will be fine.
I'm wondering why you couldn't sell it though. There's always guys looking for champ karts, and you have an LO206 you could have put with it to sell to the Indiana pavement champ guys on the cheap.

For what you're doing though, it'll be fine -- just go have fun with it.
-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

It'll handle like a champ kart (lazy - slow to react because of the long wheelbase.)
I always thought they drove like a school bus compared to a sports car (flat kart.) Now, if by chance you ha(d) a jr sportsman champ, the wheelbase will be fine.
I'm wondering why you couldn't sell it though. There's always guys looking for champ karts, and you have an LO206 you could have put with it to sell to the Indiana pavement champ guys on the cheap.

For what you're doing though, it'll be fine -- just go have fun with it.
-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

yep ran with them once.. that hoosier tire is great !! i had it listed for $1500 race ready, burris tires and LO206, no clutch.. no takers for 30+days.. not even one hit. So We'll give it a go as a flat kart... at very least, it will give the kids something to drive.

Back