Cut to fit pushrod help

Use a hydraulic press or if you have a huge vice? If you have hydraulic tire press to unseat your bead, it will work. But they are definitely a press fit!

Never done it . A drill press or arbor press would seem fitting . A good chamfer on the tube some never seize .
I'm a cave man so a few taps with a tapping hammer ;)

Attachments

• 16052046759771438098349439311611.jpg
    16052046759771438098349439311611.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 14
I cut my rods to length and a small chamfer on inside of cut end and use a arbor press with 2 lifters to push with. I also use stop and a small dab of red locktite, you can bend them if you push to much. A few taps with a hammer on arbor press for last few thousands seats them nicely. Never had any problems.

I cut my rods to length and a small chamfer on inside of cut end and use a arbor press with 2 lifters to push with. I also use stop and a small dab of red locktite, you can bend them if you push to much. A few taps with a hammer on arbor press for last few thousands seats them nicely. Never had any problems.
I don't have an Arbor press but do have a hydraulic 2 ton jack. But yes you can bend them and get the tip crooked if not done correctly. I like the idea of using lifters to keep them straight. Will use that next time I need to!!! Thanks for the info.

After I bent a couple of them I used a small drill to open the tube a tiny bit more then applied red loctite to the pieces as i gently pushed them together. A lot easier and yes, I know it weakened the tube slightly, but I've done maybe 8 pairs and have not had any problems.

After a whole bunch of years of racing; I have developed an outlook on people that do things differently. If it works and lasts , it must be the correct way.

Interesting take on that .
I was thinking on the very subject . How is the little tip going to pop out ?
If the rocker breaks or comes loose , drop a valve , break a spring , long list of destructive failures . Loose parts are never good , just my luck it makes it into the crankcase and destroys everything :giggle:

Back