Cutting Burris Tires?

MaxxT Out

Do Burris tires need to be Cut for small/bullring tracks? Or can they be resurfaced to remove the glaze, balanced , and raced..

Do Burris tires need to be Cut for small/bullring tracks? Or can they be resurfaced to remove the glaze, balanced , and raced..
That all track depended, not because of size because of track conditions, with that being said I'd say 80 % of the time ( MIN ), YES they need cut to be fastest.

No tire "must" be cut. Of course you can mount and go.
With that said, I have never seen an uncut/sticker Burris 33 be faster than a properly cut one.
Now, that doesn't mean that they all need cut down to the chords to be fast. Sometimes minimal cutting is better.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

It will kill the series .
It has been tried , with very bad results .
Some tracks run no prep classes . It hard too police .

No tire "must" be cut. Of course you can mount and go.
With that said, I have never seen an uncut/sticker Burris 33 be faster than a properly cut one.
Now, that doesn't mean that they all need cut down to the chords to be fast. Sometimes minimal cutting is better.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Ill be getting with you Monday Brian to get these to you...

Is there a reason why we don’t outlaw cutting and Prep?
There are better ways to handle this.
At least with Burris you aren't one and done like Maxxis so often are in the south. You can re-prep your Burris tires and use them competitively for years if you take care of them. We've found they actually stay competitive and last longer being cut and properly prepped without using harsh chemicals. You will wear your tires more by sanding (refinishing) them each week than you will actually racing on any of our midwest tracks.
A good prep program will actually help your tires stay competitive and live longer by replacing necessary oils in the rubber.
Of course, using very harsh chemicals that pull oil out of the rubber will kill them in a very short time.
We've got a simple and effective prep line that is proven across the country.
If you have specific questions about our Vector Cutz blueprinted Burris tires or prep line, feel free to give us a call at the shop or drop me a note by email, Facebook, or on here.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Back