Dad Looking for a tire prep with a proven track record to start with on NC/SC Clay.

We just got this Kart and I want to get my kid on track making laps and gain some seat rime before goes out in a pack. Seems like there’s quite few different preps out there. I’m sure there’s a prep that’s been around forever that may not be the for top competitors but will Suit the weekly club racer starting out.
Like I said, I just was to get my 8 year old some seat time without spending thousands to practice. Of course I need so some type of prep to simulate race conditions.

Earl would be a good source for info on tracks in your area.
There are many good tire guys in the Carolinas (and beyond.)
You'll find a lot of similarities in certain prep lines, and some others that stand alone.
We offer a simple, yet effective, prep program that's easy to understand and easy to use.
If you will be running Maxxis, you WILL need a way to roll your tires internally with prep, or pay someone else to do that work for you.

If there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to reach out to us.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There's a lot of prep brands that would work for you, But there is NO buy 1 can fits all and it works best, figure out which tracks your gonna run and do you home work make some phone calls, expect to buy 3 cans minimum.

I’ll be glad to help anyway I can! I stick with insanity speed prep. It has a large customer base and multiple wins each weekend. I also race in the same area! Feel free to pm me with any questions. I offer a insanity prep start up kit for new customers!

The one other thing , turning laps without being in the race .
Tracks with that option could be few and far between .
The only single go to , simple prep . Hot lap2 .

Last edited:
Have them tag the rear of the field. All the seat time in the world doesnt help when you are in the pack and the kid freaks out because they got bumped

Im in upstate SC, i know and go to many of the tracks.
What track or tracks you plan on racing at?
I’m coming out of Gastonia. I haven’t decided where to race just yet, all the tracks seem to be about the same distance. ATM, I’m thinking Sugartit, Warrior Creek, Cross Anchor, and Woodleaf up in NC.

We will likely race what lines up with my work schedule best.

Have them tag the rear of the field. All the seat time in the world doesnt help when you are in the pack and the kid freaks out because they got bumped
He’s in one of those Rental Kart junior leagues right now. They get smashed around the whole race there. He should be okay.

We Drew Pole or first time out .
at a bigger event . With very little experience . I told the line up guy i wanted too go to the rear . he assured me they would take it easy on him .
That was not the case , green flag turn one ,huge pile up cause we were not up to speed . Driver probably still has the chain scar from getting over ran . kart was tore up bad .

at a bigger event . With very little experience . I told the line up guy i wanted too go to the rear . he assured me they would take it easy on him .
That was not the case , green flag turn one ,huge pile up cause we were not up to speed . Driver probably still has the chain scar from getting over ran . kart was tore up bad do

That was not the case , green flag turn one ,huge pile up cause we were not up to speed . Driver probably still has the chain scar from getting over ran . kart was tore up bad .
Don’t worry, I’ve been around racing over 30 years, I wouldn’t allow him to start anywhere but last for his first race. I don’t know crap about Karting, but I know rookies need to start in the back for a race or two.

Don’t worry, I’ve been around racing over 30 years, I wouldn’t allow him to start anywhere but last for his first race. I don’t know crap about Karting, but I know rookies need to start in the back for a race or two.
Some tracks will let you practice on Sunday the day after a race if you ask. My son and I have turned hundreds of laps on Sunday at tracks. We will practice at one before we race there the first time.

I’m coming out of Gastonia. I haven’t decided where to race just yet, all the tracks seem to be about the same distance. ATM, I’m thinking Sugartit, Warrior Creek, Cross Anchor, and Woodleaf up in NC.

We will likely race what lines up with my work schedule best.
Im about 14 miles from Sugartit, 12 miles from Cross Anchor, about 10 from Warrior Creek, all them are very near by.
Woodleaf is up above Charlotte, nice track.
Cross Anchor races in the winter. Sugartit in the summer runs a limited amount. Warrior Creek races lots.
We just ran Cross Anchor last weekend, 2 poles and 2 wins.

Back