Dale Jr haters

Not arguiing the OP's point, but JR had Hendrick Equipment, Shrub didn't. Wonder how Shrub in Hendrick equipement would've done....

Not arguiing the OP's point, but JR had Hendrick Equipment, Shrub didn't. Wonder how Shrub in Hendrick equipement would've done....

When shrub ran for Rick if u remember Rick made him hold back I like jr but cant stand Rick Hendricks he always tied Kyle hands when it came to racing.

Ted, take Jimmy out of the equation and compare Hendricks stats. Take Kevin out of ECRs equation or take Edwards out of Roush's stats and see what you have.Once Logano left JGR was the dominant team. (I'm a Ford guy btw. :-( )

Kyle was in HMS equipment and didn't do nearly what he has since he joined JGR. During his 4 years with HMS he won 4 races--he won 8 races his first year in a Toyota with JGR.

Even with all of the wins in the past, this year was Kyle's best season in Cup points and he was only one point ahead of Dale Jr. at the end of the season and he was behind him in points all year up until the Chase started.

Im not sure what is holding Jr back from winning races--he seems to have been on the cusp of winning 8-10 races the past two seasons and just cant get over the hump. He has finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in 12 races the past two seasons--that is getting some good finishes but not quite good enough. Driver? Car? Crew chief? I know when Gordon had Letarte as his crew chief I heard many Gordon fans call him Steve Re-tarte because of his pit strategy calls that seemed to cost Jeff several race wins. I dunno. If I did I wouldn't be sitting here at a car dealership on a Saturday morning typing on this keyboard--I would be advising race teams on how to improve their team chemistry and production and making more money than I would know what to do with. Alas...

I am very hopeful for Harvick next season but you just never know how the new pairings will turn out.

"Stats mean nothing. Its all about how much money you can bring in." Andy, not trying to be argumentative but besides Danica who would you say is Cup on the major teams that brings money as a condition to get the seat? F1 and Indy Car has way more of that going on than Cup. (Nationwide and even more so the CWTS is a different story.)

Back