Dale Jr haters

shane3fan

So... now that the season is over and Jimmie Johnson has won another championship I notice that I hadn't read much about Dale Jr on these forums. So, I see it as my duty to stir up some conversation.

Kyle and Jimmie are the drivers that most others are measured against nowadays. And the Chase is the time when the best teams and drivers are supposed to shine. So, lets compare Dale Jr's chase numbers to KY18 and JJ48--shall we?

Now, Im not saying Dale Jr is as good as these two guys. One of them has won more titles than anyone not named Petty or Earnhardt and the other one is a wheel man for sure. However, I plan to demonstrate that our boy JR88 is not as bad as some of the opposition would have you believe.

Kyle Busch had 4 wins this season--great.
Jimmie Johnson had 6 wins this season--awesome.
Dale Jr had 0. Not so good.

DURING THE CHASE ;

Kyle Busch led 125.
Jimmie led 846 laps-awesome.
Dale Jr led 196 laps.

Kyle had 5 top 5s
Jimmie had 7 top 5 finishes.
Dale Jr had 5

Kyle had 7 top 10s
Jimmie had 9
Dale Jr had 8

Jimmie won 2 races
Kyle and Dale won 0---Kyle finished 2nd twice and Dale Jr finished 2nd 3 times.

Kyles avg finish during the Chase was 9.3
Jimmies was 5.1
Dale Jr 8.5

Now, to give credit where credit is due---Jimmie won 6 races throughout the season and Kyle won 4--to Dale Jr's 0 wins.

Including the wins Kyle had 8 top 3's, Jimmie 10 and Dale Jr 7

So... now that the season is over and Jimmie Johnson has won another championship I notice that I hadn't read much about Dale Jr on these forums. So, I see it as my duty to stir up some conversation.

Kyle and Jimmie are the drivers that most others are measured against nowadays. And the Chase is the time when the best teams and drivers are supposed to shine. So, lets compare Dale Jr's chase numbers to KY18 and JJ48--shall we?

Now, Im not saying Dale Jr is as good as these two guys. One of them has won more titles than anyone not named Petty or Earnhardt and the other one is a wheel man for sure. However, I plan to demonstrate that our boy JR88 is not as bad as some of the opposition would have you believe.

Kyle Busch had 4 wins this season--great.
Jimmie Johnson had 6 wins this season--awesome.
Dale Jr had 0. Not so good.

DURING THE CHASE ;

Kyle Busch led 125.
Jimmie led 846 laps-awesome.
Dale Jr led 196 laps.

Kyle had 5 top 5s
Jimmie had 7 top 5 finishes.
Dale Jr had 5

Kyle had 7 top 10s
Jimmie had 9
Dale Jr had 8

Jimmie won 2 races
Kyle and Dale won 0---Kyle finished 2nd twice and Dale Jr finished 2nd 3 times.

Kyles avg finish during the Chase was 9.3
Jimmies was 5.1
Dale Jr 8.5

Now, to give credit where credit is due---Jimmie won 6 races throughout the season and Kyle won 4--to Dale Jr's 0 wins.

Including the wins Kyle had 8 top 3's, Jimmie 10 and Dale Jr 7

Take the blown motor first chase race Jr had out of there and it's a 3 car chase at the last race not just 2.

okay first im a jr fan. Lets face if it : if wishes and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a real good time

okay first im a jr fan. Lets face if it : if wishes and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a real good time

Im not talking about wishes and buts---just stats and results. They speak for themselves. 5 2nd place finishes means he was very close to making a run at the title. Harvick is my favorite driver and I hope he kicks butt next year with Stewart/HMS--but Dale Jr deserves some credit for what he did this year.

Thats not saying much...my washing machine has more driving ability then she does. And a better personality to.

x100 Kyle and Matt both had blown motors they should have been 1and2 and Jimmy and Chad are just plain cheaters when u tell ur driver if u win u have to back into the wall or hit something with the back end and it recorded and nascar does nothing about it that tells me that Rick has some one in his pocket.

x100 Kyle and Matt both had blown motors they should have been 1and2 and Jimmy and Chad are just plain cheaters when u tell ur driver if u win u have to back into the wall or hit something with the back end and it recorded and nascar does nothing about it that tells me that Rick has some one in his pocket.

I'm sure if you think about it you know a few guy's that say things like that all the time just to screw with people, I know I can think of quite a few, and I'm no JJ fan.

Dale Jr had a blown engine to start off the Chase--should he get a break as well?

dale jr stats not to bad actually they are above average and more than anybody could ask for and more than most will ever do

nascar/ nationwide

wins; 19/ 23
top 5; 115/ 61
top ten; 204/ 82
poles; 13/ 10
avg. finish; 16/ 11
laps led; 7464/ 3373
earnings; $80,505,675/ $5,140,985

I was impressed with the run they had.
he held up till the end which was much better.
Would like to see a little more bulldog rather than the meek and mild mindset.

I just wonder how much better he could finish if he was more aggressive on restarts? Seem like he looses positions and then has to work his way back up. I know that at Homestead he was slow on the start of a run and then his car came in.... that's not what I am referring to. He is typically just slow on the first lap of a restart.

I just wonder how much better he could finish if he was more aggressive on restarts? Seem like he looses positions and then has to work his way back up. I know that at Homestead he was slow on the start of a run and then his car came in.... that's not what I am referring to. He is typically just slow on the first lap of a restart.

You know, Ive thought that before and then Ive seen him shove the car in there three wide on restarts at other times. I think he just has to have a certain feel before he will do it. He certainly is not as aggressive or confident as his daddy was.

I was impressed with the run they had.
he held up till the end which was much better.
Would like to see a little more bulldog rather than the meek and mild mindset.

One thing is for sure, he don't have to act like an idiot to get attention like some of the others.

Who is the Kyle guy, I've pretty much measured people to Johnson, Kenseth, and Stewart the last few years.

Thats not saying much...my washing machine has more driving ability then she does. And a better personality to.

I would bet she could out drive you in a kart at Sugar River Raceway in Brodhead....she got around that track quite well.

I'm a Harvick fan and I think him and Rodney Childers are going to be one of the few teams that can make a run at Jimmy and do it all year long. Kevin is IMO one of the biggest over achievers in Cup year in and year out so the new combo along with Hendrick resources will shine. As far as Kyle Bush is concerned, some of you guys hold him next to Jimmy I can't see why when in fact his teammate Hamlin has finished better than the 18 in the Chase for the last 5 years not counting the disaster of this year. JGR arguably has the strongest line up in Cup and bringing Kenseth onboard really proved it.

Mike

Back