dap t 50 parts availability

hi guys, is there anyone that sells parts. pistons,coil, rod, etc. I have a chance to get a emmick with the t 50 very cheap. but I thought I better check the parts supply for them thanks, chuck

If I'm not mistaken, Franklin Motorsports in Wisconsin was the DAP dealer and/or importer waaaaay back. Might be worth a call to them to see if they have anything, and/or they can point you toward someone that might.

PM

Comet kart was also a importer. A buddy of mine just got a dap from a shop in Missouri I believe I check and let ya know later Chuck.

Try Margay Racing 314-771-4242.My buddy bought a new old stock t50 from them 6 months ago they may have what you need later Chuck.

Hi Guys, I recently bought a vintage Margay that had a DAP T-50, I also have a second T-50 motor. It has been very difficult to find any written specification's etc. for these motors. In looking at some info the DAP T-50 does share some components with the HPV/KPV/IAME 100cc Piston Port motors. Bearings, gaskets, and seals are readily available. I'm working at compiling a list of additional shared parts with other engines (pistons, piston pins, etc). Will share info with anyone interested in the DAP T-50 "orphans".

The stock bore of the DAP T-50 is 50.7 mm. The ones Burris has are listed as 52 mm may be great for a rebuild/over-bore, if the pin height is correct. I'll check with them and post the answer. Working on a few notes from refreshing my 2 DT-50's. Will post when complete. Thanks Jim46!

Check on Dartford karting website.
You'll have to go to historic, they should have everything thing you need for a rebuild.
The prices are very good even being in Europe. Quality parts and service.

I'm pretty close to completing a 2 page info sheet on the DAP T-50. I will post it this week. I couldn't find a "Historic" link on the Dartford Karting website, but will add their link to my info. I have a couple of DAP T-50's, and don't currently need any bits but was surprised at the lack of OEM spec's and info on these motors. I know they are from years past, but there must be info tucked away in someones filing cabinet or??? I'm just taking the opportunity to share what I've found with karters on this site. Will update my file with any other info you feel like sharing. Cheers, Jim

Burris has 52. ish mm pistons for the IAME pistons
Burris.jpg
Burris racing indicates these (oversize) pistons will fit the DAP T-50! :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty close to completing a 2 page info sheet on the DAP T-50. I will post it this week. I couldn't find a "Historic" link on the Dartford Karting website, but will add their link to my info. I have a couple of DAP T-50's, and don't currently need any bits but was surprised at the lack of OEM spec's and info on these motors. I know they are from years past, but there must be info tucked away in someones filing cabinet or??? I'm just taking the opportunity to share what I've found with karters on this site. Will update my file with any other info you feel like sharing. Cheers, Jim
When on the website, click on shop, then it will say "shop for", click on that and you'll see historic.

When on the website, click on shop, then it will say "shop for", click on that and you'll see historic.
Found it! After selecting "SHOP" you have to select "View All Categories" and then you see "Departments/Historics"! I had missed selecting the "View all Categories". They do have quite a few listings! (y)(y)(y)

Back