Dawg Thread 2

Well dawgs made a bigger purchase today
2000 CR125
I went to the bank and pulled out some hard earned cash today! It was awesome to go and pay with in full with my money! Makes all the burger flipping worth it and all the hours of painting fences and building fences and working from morning to night over the summer!

Attachments

• A7DE1DDB-2882-4D1D-8BFE-62F68B719C38.jpeg
    A7DE1DDB-2882-4D1D-8BFE-62F68B719C38.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 08A6ED9A-A335-4ED7-9ED1-3833D46B6B24.jpeg
    08A6ED9A-A335-4ED7-9ED1-3833D46B6B24.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 7
Well Dawgs i'm going to do it again .
Went to clean the garage, started in the driveway .. :eek:...
So I got close !
No really fall is here the wifes car has to go back in . No more slacking off ..

Well, dawgs last Monday I went to put my truck into gear and nothing would happen. Finally got it into gear and it was in limp mode. A sensor in the trans went bad was what the code was saying. Replaced the sensor and did maintenance on the trans and cleared all codes and the truck shifted smoother than it ever has. Go to get into it this morning and it wouldn't go into gear and it was flashing again. Trans is high milage trans but has never had any issues. Always shifts great even when towing our enclosed trailer and it never slips and so I have no clue what the issue is. I have traced all the wires and everything. I am so annoyed with it right now. I am going to have to resort to a transmission shop. As much as I hate to pay someone to work on my truck I figure it is best as they know more than I do on this stuff.

Well, dawgs last Monday I went to put my truck into gear and nothing would happen. Finally got it into gear and it was in limp mode. A sensor in the trans went bad was what the code was saying. Replaced the sensor and did maintenance on the trans and cleared all codes and the truck shifted smoother than it ever has. Go to get into it this morning and it wouldn't go into gear and it was flashing again. Trans is high milage trans but has never had any issues. Always shifts great even when towing our enclosed trailer and it never slips and so I have no clue what the issue is. I have traced all the wires and everything. I am so annoyed with it right now. I am going to have to resort to a transmission shop. As much as I hate to pay someone to work on my truck I figure it is best as they know more than I do on this stuff.
Search your problem including the yr, make, model first, and see if it's a common issue.
GM is notorious for cluster issues that effects several different systems

Search your problem including the yr, make, model first, and see if it's a common issue.
GM is notorious for cluster issues that effects several different systems
I have been doing a whole lot of research for the past week and it seems to be a somewhat common issue but most people get the issue to go away and never come back but my issue seems to not change. It is frustrating. It is something sensor and wiring related I think I just dont have the knowledge for all the wiring stuff. And I dont want to mess with to much as I could possibly make my problem worse.

The Allison trans is it's own beast. Jamie is right though. Gm trucks are notorious for cluster issues that will cause a whole array of problems elsewhere in the truck. If it's high mileage I'd be looking at the shifter in the truck. Possible worn linkage or if it's electric shift it could be a solenoid going out.

Best bet is to keep doing research and exhaust all possible options before it goes to a shop.

My Chevy truck shifted and towed great, until it didn't. Got nearly home at 3 a.m. after a 3 hour tow from Indiana, pulled off the freeway at the exit to my house, came to a stop. Took off and the thing stayed in low gear and then jumped to 4th. 2nd and 3rd never worked again. The thing never gave any indication of any sort of problem until then.

You might try Dielectric grease on the sensor conection .
Check the wire for chaffing . or connections that may be loose or corroded .
did the code show back up ?
Trans shop is not an electric issue shop .
Be careful there . you may need a elecric/computer shop .
diconnect the battery to reset all the parameters . if its chiped may have too reload the trans programming .
expect the trans shop too quote 2k or more .

Has the instrument cluster , gave any issues? There right about that .
Or you do any stereo installation recently.

The Allison trans is it's own beast. Jamie is right though. Gm trucks are notorious for cluster issues that will cause a whole array of problems elsewhere in the truck. If it's high mileage I'd be looking at the shifter in the truck. Possible worn linkage or if it's electric shift it could be a solenoid going out.

Best bet is to keep doing research and exhaust all possible options before it goes to a shop.
Had a buddy had a cluster go bad, something about the security? It wouldn't even start just crank and threw several different codes

Had a buddy had a cluster go bad, something about the security? It wouldn't even start just crank and threw several different codes
I've seen that issue before. The cluster in the suburban I had bought had been changed and I'm thinking that's causing the issue with the abs and traction systems because no matter what I did I could not get those to work. Pulled the fuse instead of messing with it anymore because I don't need those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back