Daytona @ 120 MPH with 40hp Vegas Cart 440s

Bob Drye

Looks like Parsons Racing Supply, Dave Planakis and will be taking 3 CIK karts with Open 440s to Daytona this year. Jeremy will be driving a Margay and Dave and I will be using Birels. The weekend will be filmed by aTV crew from Central Virginia TV. This is part of an ongoing series " What its like to go racing" that Dave has been doing all year @ other tracks.

Should be fun? I'm trying for '100' at Sonoma next week with a pair of '196' Clones @ 34-36hp. What rpm do you turn thoughs? Do you have pic's too share?

You spend too much time on the oval to sustain real high rpm. Torque is more important. Good luck at Sonoma!

Should be fun? I'm trying for '100' at Sonoma next week with a pair of '196' Clones @ 34-36hp. What rpm do you turn thoughs? Do you have pic's too share?

Bob,
Everything Dave builds is "bad fast". Looking forward to meeting you, I will call Dave tonight and check the status on the build and our unload logistics at the track. I've been looking forward to Daytona ALL YEAR!

We have 5 gx440s ready for Daytona. Can you imagine 41hp @6800 rpm? They have peak torque of 35 foot pounds and stay over 30 foot pounds over a wide rpm range.

We have 5 gx440s ready for Daytona. Can you imagine 41hp @6800 rpm? They have peak torque of 35 foot pounds and stay over 30 foot pounds over a wide rpm range.

:)
I went from a BP small clone to a stock 420cc and I'm 5 seconds per lap faster, no replacement for displacement:)
I would love to get my hands on one of those to see what it would do against the TAG karts:)

I a oldie, but came back to visit. But I would like to see a actual video of these speeds. I know my cell phone isn't the only one that records video.

I a oldie, but came back to visit. But I would like to see a actual video of these speeds. I know my cell phone isn't the only one that records video.

+1 would love to see!

Why were you not wearing a GoPro at Daytona?

(It could also be really cool so see some POV go pro footage from your races MDB

I have plenty video, and I'm just 1 guy. I figured a whole class with friends and family added some one should have 1 video of the race.

Back