DAYTONA 2019

Since I seem to help everyone else on gearing for tracks that I'm either involved with or have been to, how about someone helping me?? I'm looking for gearing for a LO206 CIK sprint KART for Daytona. With this, I can figure out what gearing I need for our Animal Sportsman laydown karts that we are bringing a minimum of 4 to Daytona as WKA has offered us the opportunity to come with them and race there with all the BIG DOGS!!! And yes, we will be bringing our LO206 CIK SPRINT as well!!

Kelly,

We are running Yamaha Sprint so I am no help. Great to hear you will be making the trip. I am doing the Daytona Double this year. Enduro racing during the day and running my YZ270 Unlimited All Star Kart on the dirt track at night. We will have to drag you over to the Dirt track after the Enduro races wrap up. Usually gets pretty fun over there.

Hoppy, You can count on us coming over to the dirt track as Brad (my son) runs dirt back here let alone I sell parts under CKI back here. We also come over there anyway when we come down to Daytona anyway. Should I bring my helmet?? LOL.

I question that rear gear myself as that's a lower gear ratio then what we run at Hallett and it's a big sprint track. Maybe it's a 58??

Hoppy, You can count on us coming over to the dirt track as Brad (my son) runs dirt back here let alone I sell parts under CKI back here. We also come over there anyway when we come down to Daytona anyway. Should I bring my helmet?? LOL.

I question that rear gear myself as that's a lower gear ratio then what we run at Hallett and it's a big sprint track. Maybe it's a 58??

Cool....We will have to share a soda pop after the race Sat. Night. Glad to hear you are making the trip.

Hoppy, Look me up. I will be in the open garages.
T, AMEN to that!!!!!! Then if your allowed to push like in KART, take more off yet!!

Glad you asked....answered my same question.
I see that Maxxis Series is running head-to-head against WKA for that weekend, LO206 sprints CIK in Jacksonville.... That's like running your IRL race against the Indy 500...

WOW!! One weekend out of the year and other organizations want to run the same time, WHY?? Daytona is KART WEEK and is a special event from my eyes and I don't care who's name is at the top promoting the event, it's SPECIAL!!!

Racing at Daytona isn't cheap or for everyone. Jacksonville gives karters a fantastic option for those who would rather race at a local level during the holidays. It puts more karters in seats and keep our sport strong.

Back