Daytona Classes

Jamie doubt that I have. With the engine torn apart from tech each weekend he would usually put new parts in it. Spending all that money to travel he didn't feel it was worth the chance for the cost of parts. Whether unnecessary or not I'm not complaining. Can't have a failure from being too fresh and engines were plenty fast. Good info to know though if I ever start building engines....lol

Jamie doubt that I have. With the engine torn apart from tech each weekend he would usually put new parts in it. Spending all that money to travel he didn't feel it was worth the chance for the cost of parts. Whether unnecessary or not I'm not complaining. Can't have a failure from being too fresh and engines were plenty fast. Good info to know though if I ever start building engines....lol
While I can't disagree with what you said, I myself (and I have seen several other builders also) reassemble an torn down engine after tech and go right back out the next day and win again with it. And our one race weekend probably equals about 2-3 times the run time you put on your engine in a weekend.

And I agree with BobV. I wish I could have convinced everyone I built engines for to send them back after every race. Maybe I would still be building engines. :D

I start with a fresh one for Daytona. By day 2 it is at its fastest. Lower ends are strong and can handle a whole season but I do like to re-ring and do valves mid way. Head gaskets every two races....dont trust those wonderful things. Deck and head flat they still blow when ever they feel like it. I agree, a simple leak down test will tell all.

Back