Daytona Sprint Open Class

Can anyone give me any info on the sprint open class? I have seen the rules on Dart Kart Club web site. What I would like to know is what the engine (80cc shifter, 100 open, or 101cc-150cc open, 4cycle) of choice is. Also what size fuel tank do you need to make 30 minutes with an open engine? I have been told that fuel tank must be under steering shaft. Is that the only regulation regarding the fuel tank? What gear ratio for 2cycle engine? I know that it's going to depend on the particular engine but I'm just looking for a general starting point. Contact info for anyone who might be able to answer my questions. A gentleman named Lou Magiera won the class last year. Anyone know what type of engine he was using? My email is jbaker215@yahoo.com Thanks for any help.

I am taking my 250 but also have a full bodied sit up with a PCR ICA motor on it. I thought about bringing it too. I couldn't find the rules anywhere. Mostly wonder if I need a full width rear bumper with the full body. In IKF land I don't. I asked on EKN and got no response. At this point I'm about out of time to make it happen. Too bad would have been a 3rd class to run. I have to believe that with this set up I would need a ratio in the 4.50 range with an axle clutch for sure. Probably aero max out at about 108-110 mph.

Lou runs a 135 rotary valve on alcohol. you can run pretty much anything in open sprint. all WKA enduro races require a loop bumper. im pretty sure the only thing you cant have in Open sprint is a gear box. aka no shifter. i cant tell you what to run to win. im all 4cycle all the way.

This is a local option class. You can find rules at dartkartclub.com go to rules at top of the home page. You can run a 80cc shifter or any kart engine up to 150cc or 4cycle aminal, pro gas, or limited modified. Body work rules are the same as wka sprint class.

Back