Deuces

Bandmn

I have been seeing lots of deuces on here for sale, whats going on with them? Are they no good? Lets get some discussion going on about them. I just bought 1 and live in ohio, havent had a chance to race it yet so looking to hear some thoughts.

for every person who's had good luck on a deuce, a couple haven't. they're still new, so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt but i think phantom did wrong when they got rid of the single 1-1/4 karts(triton and recon). I think the deuce could do well down SE, but the farther north you get i feel that's not going to be the case. they have great roll speed due to how stiff they are, but people are having a hard time getting them to transfer or "load up" in the corners. just my two pennies from what I've seen all year. Maybe someone will find the sweet spot setup and they'll do consistently better, but reviews have been mixed and of course, tire prep is everything.

...but people are having a hard time getting them to transfer or "load up" in the corners. just my two pennies from what I've seen all year. Maybe someone will find the sweet spot setup and they'll do consistently better, but reviews have been mixed and of course, tire prep is everything.

I wonder how many people are trying to raise seat to get VCg higher for more radical "loading up" in corner... Lower isn't ALWAYS better... Stiffer also affects how quickly the chassis loads up, so that could be an issue too...

We ride a Deuce in JR1 & JR2 in the southeast and haven't had a weight transfer issue, typically we're running a larger PSI split between the left and right tires to reduce transfer.

Killer roll speed, often my driver has issues making passes because he's not used to catching them so fast in the corners.

Back