Did I Break My Intake Valve Guide ?

bob58o

Hello! First Post. Glad to be here. The threads here have been very helpful.

I was in over my head when I bought a rolling chassis and have have been trying to stay afloat ever since, even though I keep pickup up more lead weights.

I have a Predator 212cc Hemi #60363. I did stage 1 mods, but now onto bigger and better!

Have ordered or have the following...
Black Mamba Jr Cam .275 lift, .230 duration (off top of head)
26lb valve springs
SS 27mm Intake Valve
SS 25mm Exhaust Valve
Retainers/Keepers/Lash Caps
+0.020" Billet Connecting Rod
0.036" MLS Head Gasket
GX390 Carb / Carb Adapter / Air Filter Adapter

Now my Issue....

Attempting to port the intake. Got real thin on tip of valve guide.

I will get chrome molly push rods if it will matter.

Will this work??
Should I Angle the surface or cut the whole top and try to get down to thicker material (if it is thicker lower?)?

Late for work and will read up on posting images later. Here's a link to a thread on a different forum for some images for now.

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?p=402421&posted=1#post402421

besides replacing the guide all you can do is angle cut it or flatten it out some. the main thing you do not want to happen is for a piece to break off and be ingested.
the sharp edges on the port roof near the guide are where I would be working radius them a bit so they are not square.
May as well do the exhaust just do not get so carried away.
round off the short side and smooth the roof a little, radius around the guide some carefully.
Then think about another head.

What head are you using? I use the rtc -8. But I replace the valve guides with ones out of a 196 head. I just heat the old head with a heat gun and push it out in my press - reverse the process to install it in your head. 26 lb valve springs need Chrome moly push rods. Get the pushrods that can be cut to length. How much did you cut the head to use a .036 head gasket?

Thinking about this option . It would allow the bigger stem clone valves .
Instead of reaming . Good for the modified guys .

Back