Differenc3

Packman88

Hello,
We are new to the clone motors. Just had a quick question a there a difference in the motors as far as red, yellow, Black shrouds?, or is it just plates that make them different. Appreciate any advice and help!

Just plates seen them all some with Jt 158 or tillotson on there new Nka engine it comes with a 181 good head an you will see on the moree a 173 I don’t use them

There a at least 5 different manufactures in China making the clone engine. Ducar, Dupor, Box Stock, Tillotston and I'm sure there are more.

They are all exact copies of the Honda GX200 engine. So much so, that the Honda parts can be interchanged with the Chinese engines. And parts can be interchanged between the brands above. This is where the term clone came from, they are clones of the Honda. The Honda parts aren't allowed in NKA or AKRA racing.

The "plates" refer to restrictor plates used in the age classes for the kids. They are from smallest (most restrcitive) to largest: red, green, purple, and blue. There are some odd-ball tracks and series out there running unique restrictor plates but for 99% of us, the above holds true.

So it becomes a game of personal favorites, kinda like choosing between Folgers and Maxwell House when it comes to choosing brands. I build alot of plate engines, in fact it's kinda all I do. My personal favorite is the stuff from Box Stock Project. A quick google search will take you to their site.

Back