Different 2 stroke gearing

rainman

I have experienced the need for different gearing when running a 100cc or my 131 Sudam at dirt ovals, but never put on a dirt track a 117 TT75 I got from a friend that I have rebuiltf and I am trying to get ready for the Fred Jackson Memorial at Possum Kingdom in December. How would you compare the gearing needed for this open TT75 to a stroker Sudam and to a stock 100 cc reed? Thanks.

The variables make it almost impossible to give you a definitive answer. If these were stock engines, may, but not with the unstated variables.

Do you run the same pipe on your Sudam as you will for the 115cc? If so maybe a little more gear since you'll have a little less power. That's my idea but like you I would ask for some opinions.

Rain , are you going axle clutch or jack shaft and birky? Doesn't matter much the tt 75 at iron city would be a 10- 65 or 10 -66 depending on pipe. Now for the Kingdom relate track size to iron city. Later Chuck.

Rain , are you going axle clutch or jack shaft and birky? Doesn't matter much the tt 75 at iron city would be a 10- 65 or 10 -66 depending on pipe. Now for the Kingdom relate track size to iron city. Later Chuck.
Axle clutch for the 117 as I do with my reed 100s on dirt. I ran a 70/10 at Iron City (Patriot) last time on my 93 PCR when I ran right behind you and hit my best time there with that reed, so a 7.0 ratio on the 100, but ran a 6.4 ratio on my Sudam with the Birky/jackshaft, so my guess it should be something in between, like close to what you say, at Iron City. Different at PK but would give me an idea, thanks. Plan to run a KB06 on the open TT75 like I do on the Sudam, run a different pipe on the 100 reed PCRs though. Haven't put that 117 on the track yet but I think it is gonna surprise me by the way it feels when I start it. I know long ago Troy had track record at Langley with this engine. Thanks Chuck and Brian.

If you were close to right with a stock Sudam, I’d put 2 teeth on it for a built reed jet

check with Mike Grady
He’s won at PK with a built reed jet and may remember the gearing

If you were close to right with a stock Sudam, I’d put 2 teeth on it for a built reed jet

check with Mike Grady
He’s won at PK with a built reed jet and may remember the gearing
Thanks. We miss you right here.It is a TT75, not exactly a reedjet but I thought about something like that, a couple of teeth more..

Back