Digital tire gauge

rac12race

What do you think about the digital tire gauges like the intercomp and racesence ? Are they worth the money? Do you think it’s an advantage to have or just to keep up

We use one for our drag cars. It is nice to have the .1 increments to measure with but really as long as you use the same gauge all the time and keep consistent with it I don't think one is better than the other. But one thing about the digital is you can zero it which is nice.

Intercomp has long been top of the line product with good quality. Can cheaper gauges be bought? Sure.
We use both cheap gauges and the Intercomp $300 digital. I'll use the cheap $10 digital gauges for mounting and sizing tires. At the track I'll grab the Intercomp every time. That said, I have an Intercomp analog and a Quick Car analog as spares in the trailer -- just in case. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That same gauge 2 years ago was $35. Shame.
Is it? They have a $69 model a $100 one and one for 400. The analog longacre is $50 something. Tell you what I’ll buy the $100 model and have people set pressure using the $300 intercomp and see what the longacre reads

Longacre digital stores all 4 tire pressure is temp compensated .
Accuracy of . 01% . 649.99
The cheap longacre 0-15 is acurate to 3%/2%/3%. Through out its range .

Is it? They have a $69 model a $100 one and one for 400. The analog longacre is $50 something. Tell you what I’ll buy the $100 model and have people set pressure using the $300 intercomp and see what the longacre reads
Yes its a shame that a gauge that cost $35 2 years ago is now $100.

...but not 2 years ago.
Ok then
price of a Charger chassis jumped an additional $400, Van K wheels $135 silver $150 black now $170 $190 (and lower quality). Burris tires are more too and all in the past two years. there was a sign outside a new housing development said starting in the mid 400k asking price now 980k.
and....

^ Exactly!

Chromoly went up 50% in just 2 months at one point last year. Welding rod (TiG) jumped too. I haven't had to order wire in a while, but I suspect that's the biggest factor in chassis manufacturing. And don't even get me started on tire prices (Burris & Hoosier.) HUGE increases and drastic drop in availability. The result is that a price of sets of cut tires has gone up $100 in the last year alone.
I suspect you've got a short time before the housing market tanks (feds raising interest at an alarming rate to try to avoid the inevitable recession that's about to hit our country.)
Not a prophet or the son of a prophet, but I don't see this economy getting any better for quite some time.

^ Exactly!

Chromoly went up 50% in just 2 months at one point last year. Welding rod (TiG) jumped too. I haven't had to order wire in a while, but I suspect that's the biggest factor in chassis manufacturing. And don't even get me started on tire prices (Burris & Hoosier.) HUGE increases and drastic drop in availability. The result is that a price of sets of cut tires has gone up $100 in the last year alone.
I suspect you've got a short time before the housing market tanks (feds raising interest at an alarming rate to try to avoid the inevitable recession that's about to hit our country.)
Not a prophet or the son of a prophet, but I don't see this economy getting any better for quite some time.
This is what happens when the clueless think raising the minimum wage to 15 and hour won't effect anything 🙄

Back